Back to jobs
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 1 year
Location: 800 Kipling Ave., Etobicoke
- Review vendor reports, designs, memos, etc. from a specialist perspective in fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, and thermal-hydraulics.
- Document findings of thermal performance investigations, tests, analyses, etc. in presentations, memos, and reports.
- Conduct simulations and field work as necessary to support thermal performance investigations, and advise clients, etc.
- Provide engineering design, assessment, technical advice, guidance, consultation and other services to clients to deal with problems and projects of high complexity. Obtain and analyse pertinent information and recommend, as appropriate. Perform tests, inspections, studies, etc. to support such activities.
- Establish and utilize contacts with suppliers and manufacturers and in other industries/ utilities as a resource for problem-solving.
- Participate in meetings to identify work priorities and objectives. Work together to analyse alternative approaches, and to reach mutual agreement on the problem resolution.
- Develop proposals and produce recommendations for customer review, keeping supervisor generally informed of outcome and significant impacts. Assist customer with implementation as requested or appropriate.
- Lead projects and direct scope of work to carry out full responsibility for assigned technical work programs. Develop work plans, determine resource requirements and balance workload with available resources (if applicable), coordinate work efforts with other involved groups, adapt project/study activities to address changing priorities, anticipate and resolve problems, and accomplish planned work results to the satisfaction of the client and Supervisor and within established budgetary and scheduling constraints.
- Produce reports or other documents and/or presentations as required, to portray results of studies and/or field tests carried out.
- Evaluate and secure the services and products of external firms, in accordance with corporate policies and divisional programs.
- Under the guidance of the supervisor, interact with and when required, appear before government authorities, agencies, regulatory bodies and legislative hearings as a technical expert in the discipline to make representations to secure, protect, or advance OPG's interests.
- Under guidance of the supervisor, contribute as required to internal and external committees and task forces to conduct studies and/or carry out work programs.
- Ensure that all work activities, programs, studies, and customer services reflect an awareness of applicable legislated, corporate and departmental safety requirements and programs and are in compliance with same.
- Contribute to the development and administration of the departmental/divisional safety program.
- Provide input to budget submissions, financial evaluations and purchase justifications as requested.
- Keep abreast of latest developments in the assigned technical discipline, through reference to relevant technical publications and regular interface with research, industrial, and educational bodies.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Experience in theory and practical application of computational fluid dynamics, heat transfer, numerical simulations/coding, to support power industry analyses is desired.
- Experience in commercial CFD codes and meshers is valuable. Particularly, but not limited to FLUENT/CFX.
- This experience is normally acquired by a minimum of an accredited degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
6-8 years of post-university applied CFD experience