Back to jobs
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 2 years
Hours of Work: up to 35 hours
Location: 1 Holt Rd., Bowmanville (Darlington Site)
- Be responsible for supporting the coordination and completion of design, work planning and field activities through the management of design changes and issues, the revision of workplans and the completion of material and issue tracking. Provide feedback to management team on the progress of field work and identified risks and issues for resolution. Perform Modification Team Lead duties as per N-PROC-MP-0090.
- Define key project steps and requirements, and work with stakeholders to obtain resolution. Provide input to schedule and plan development and support the preparation of lookaheads and workdowns for critical path evolutions. Obtain updates from trades, engineering, operations and maintenance stakeholders.
- Maintain qualifications up to date.
- Keep all project parties informed of latest capital construction and other corporate procedures. Review and maintain awareness of all corporate procedures pertinent to project control and administration. Communicate with appropriate departments and areas to ensure availability of current practices on budgeting, estimating, scheduling, etc.
- Maintain liaison with concerned internal and external groups, regulatory bodies and agencies, and cooperate in exchange of engineering and other relevant data as required to meet the project objectives. Arrange and as appropriate, chair meetings involving group(s) concerned with a given project. Guide and direct discussions involving internal staff, contractors, manufacturers, suppliers and the like, in an effort to efficiently and effectively meet project objectives.
- Initiate and coordinate estimates and project performance specifications. Monitor, evaluate and report on cost and schedule changes. Provide appropriate departments and agencies with detailed project requirements, interpreting and discussing with personnel involved as required. Arrange for application to, and negotiate with, agencies, internal and external, for all necessary approvals, licenses, permits or clearances required. Coordinate the clarification of design and specification requirements, and arrange for necessary changes. Co-ordinate and monitor the preparation of specifications, requisitions, evaluation of tenders, purchasing recommendations, and contract administration. Arrange meetings as required to coordinate requirements and progress between design, suppliers, construction and operations. Maintain close liaison with field construction and operation on matters involving design, schedules, costing, and other related issues. Initiate, coordinate, arrange and control supporting services to other departments and external organizations.
- Provide immediate and higher management with appropriate reports on work packages.
- Review detailed cost variance reports, provide explanations and recommendations for over or under expenditures, and take corrective actions when required. Execute other project management functions as required by corporate policies and procedures.
- Visit various site locations, manufacturers, suppliers, and the like. Be prepared to observe plant sites and installations in Canada and outside the country to observe techniques, equipment, etc. Provide input as required, and utilize knowledge gained for Ontario Power Generation application.
- Requires a knowledge of engineering as related to design requirements for proposed major facilities and components. Requires a knowledge of physics, engineering, mathematics and chemistry as related to stress, materials and total system performance. Requires a knowledge of economics to provide cost estimates and cost trends concerning generating station construction and operation. This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired either through the successful completion of a four year university education in an appropriate engineering field or by having the equivalent level of education.
- Requires experience in planning and development aspects of electrical power plans to become familiar with generating station design and associated components. Requires experience in a generalized but related industry to appreciate manufacturing and supply techniques. Requires experience to solve problems, provide guidance and initiate studies, designs and economic forecasts. Requires experience to understand the interrelationship(s) of various internal and external groups in order to facilitate objectives. Requires experience and knowledge related to environmental protection and associated concerns. Requires experience in project management. A period of over 8 years and up to and including 10 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
- Leadership experience is an asset.
- Field experience required.
- PMP Designation is an asset.