Back to jobs
22-029 - Project Leader
Number of Vacancies: 2
Duration: 3 years
Work week: 40 work week
Location: Darlington Site
- Perform the job duties of a project leader on assigned projects.
- Support the section manager and provide project management support to assigned projects.
- Lead cross functional teams through all phases of the assigned projects.
- Manage Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) projects from inception through closeout.
- Manage cost and schedule.
- Manage/administer Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC)
- Review invoices and track purchase orders as per approved budget.
- Provide Project oversight to Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC vendors to ensure projects meet requirements with respect to budget, schedule, safety, and quality.
- Perform any required liaising activities between OPG and vendor stakeholders.
- Manage risks and mitigation plans, maintain a risk register for assigned projects.
- Develop business case summaries to request funds for assigned projects.
- Develop monthly forecasts for the project life cycle.
- The candidate should have 8 years experience in project management of station modifications in Nuclear Facilities with major emphasis on activities related to installation, commissioning, risk management and cost & schedule management
- Four-year university education in Engineering or by having the equivalent level of education/experience,
- Experience at Darlington site is an asset.
- Project management experience and a demonstrated ability to lead a team.
- Experience with Nuclear Industry, preferably Nuclear Power Plant (OPG experience is an asset).
- Experience in project engineering, MTL/FTL experience in installation and commissioning of modifications.
- Ability to prepare coordinate estimates, schedules, execution plans, contracting strategies, business planning, forecasting.
- Demonstrated Knowledge of ECC process (change control process not necessarily OPG's processes).
- A combination of Work planning, MTL/FTL experience, project Management, Risk management skills.