Number of Vacancies: 2
Duration: 2 years
Location: 1340 Pickering Parkway, Pickering, ON
Hours: up to 40 hours per week
The Project Officer is accountable for the execution of assigned projects or tasks within OPG Nuclear, and decommissioning. This includes all aspects of project management and support for the business unit, including planning, organizing, coordinating and controlling of all stages of the life cycle of programs or projects, from inception and approval to final acceptance.
- Requires knowledge of engineering/science/business encompassing subject areas relevant to the project planning, project management, contract management, oversight, scheduling, risk management and control as well as the business service needs of the division.
- Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills to allow effective interaction in a project team environment with stakeholders and contractors, including relevant business and computer applications knowledge (Primavera, Microsoft Office, Cognos, Visio and Proliance), to develop and maintain computerized project information, costs, budgets, and forecasts.
- This level of knowledge is normally acquired by successful completion of a 4 year university degree in Engineering, Science, Business or Finance, or by having the equivalent level of education.
- Requires experience to become familiar with project controls principles, theories, and concepts such as project scoping, risk management, estimating, budgeting and scheduling.
- Requires experience of project management, contract management, project cost and schedule analysis and project planning within a project management support capacity.
- Requires experience to become familiar with engineering and construction management concepts, methods and techniques.
- Requires experience to become familiar with the development and operation of various computerized systems and databases, including business unit financial and work management systems.
- Requires experience to become familiar with corporate financial processes to initiate, manage, and administer contracts including payments and change orders.
- Requires experience to become familiar with departmental and divisional interfaces with other areas of the Corporation.
- A period of over 6 years and up to and including 8 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
- Experience on planning and strategy for large scale projects.
- Experience on projects within the nuclear industry or on decommissioning projects is an asset.
- Understanding of OPG processes and procedures.
- Experience work at Pickering Nuclear Generating Station is an asset.
- Effective at using Visio, Microsoft Office products, Sharepoint.
- Knowledge of project management principles, including managing budgets and schedule.
- P.Eng an asset
- PMP an asset