Back to jobs
23-005 - Project Coordinator
23-005 - Project Coordinator
Number of Vacancies: 1
Hours: 35 hours per week
Duration: 2 years
Location: Darlington Station
- On behalf of the Department, undertake building operation and maintenance projects from conception to completion, as assigned by FLM or Manager
- Make effective recommendations to Manager on the feasibility of performing the work using OPG staff or by tendering the work to contractors.
- Review building systems working drawings, as required, to ensure that specifications are met, and that the drawings are compatible with existing structures and systems. When tendering, review documents for technical accuracy, detail engineering and accuracy of drawings, making changes as necessary. At various stages of development, obtain appropriate approvals, and final approval prior to tendering contracts.
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal and external groups such as trades staff, planning staff, consulting engineers and architects, contractors, fire inspectors and appropriate municipal permit authorities, to provide building systems. Ensure that electrical, civil, architectural, operational , mechanical, financial treatment, and unique project features are considered, discussed, and meet specifications. All aspects of the project must be compatible including schedules and budgets for the various phases of the work program.
- Analyze and evaluate tenders. Commensurate with authority make effective recommendations to Manager on the successful contractor based upon examination of the ability of the proposal to meet specifications, including budget.
- Coordinate work of contractors and consultants to ensure quality of work performed, adherence to work schedule, and conformance with standards, policies, legal requirements, codes, H&S policies, regulations, and specifications. Coordinate pre award process with trade unions, i.e. Chestnut Park Accord (CPA).
- Administer local service contracts with contractors and consultants; review of manufacturers' drawings, operating manuals, and commissioning reports; coordinate work and schedules to meet time guidelines and constraints; review, evaluate, and recommend changes and substitutions to the Manager.
- Monitor the status of all assigned projects including inspection of installation, and participate in or witness commissioning of work. Ensure that the quality of work meets specifications and comply with the contract. Prepare written reports to document observations, findings, work details and completion dates.
- Prepare reports after conducting inspections of in-service systems, to monitor their operations after project completion. Initiate adjustments to contracts, modifications and remedial measures upon completion of inspection. Work with operation and maintenance personnel to prepare maintenance programs and schedules.
- Assign and check work of contract staff working on projects. Give instructions and direction on work and problems as required.
- Be the SPOC/SME for SCR's/Corrective Action Plans (CAPS), take on action tracking assignments, track and report to Manager.
- Act as the interface for work control, identify and schedule work that requires participation of staff outside the unit. Compile and rationalize the 13 week Integrated Planning Group (IPG) schedule, report to Manager.
- Work with FLM's to develop maintenance programs for the Department.
- Other Duties as Required
- Junior candidates will be considered
- Requires experience with system installation of electrical, mechanical, structural and communication systems to evaluate drawings and tenders to ensure that specifications are met.
- Requires experience with the above to analyze and evaluate tenders and recommend the one most suitable.
- Requires experience with project scheduling to commit to projects and have them completed within time guidelines.
- Requires experience to coordinate and manage the work of consultants and contractors. Requires experience in site inspection, commissioning, contractor installation, and review of in-service systems to assess satisfactory operation.