23-081 Senior Technical Engineer (Electrical Engineer)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Hourly Rate: $60 - 75/hour
Duration: 24 months
Hours of work: 44 - This job may requires the selected worker(s) to work more than 44 hours per week - please only submit candidates who are able to support the project work
Location: 777 Brock Road, Pickering
- Prepare or help prepare specifications, for purchasing requisitions for material, services, and equipment. Follow up with procurement and provide necessary technical services during field installation. Prepare recommendations for spare parts requirements for new equipment.
- Provide technical guidance, solve problems, coordinate technical work as required, in a number of major work areas in support of the design, commissioning, operation and maintenance. Requires further experience in the position to become familiar with the work and fully competent.
- Perform detailed design, manage engineering and design activities of multi-disciplinary projects in OPG's nuclear sites from concept to commissioning in Electrical and I&C areas.
- Protect the station design basis and adheres to nuclear governance with emphasis on safety as the overriding priority.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in the Province of Ontario.
- Has a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Has at least 10 - 15 years of engineering experience out of which a minimum of 3 – 5 years of Nuclear Projects’ Detailed Design experience in Electrical and Instrumentation areas.
- Possess strong knowledge of physics, chemistry, metallurgy, mathematics, electricity, engineering, and economics to technically understand the operation of the nuclear facility. Requires advanced knowledge of one or more of these subjects to evaluate and propose improvements to processes, equipment, and systems or to unit safety, reliability, and performance. Requires knowledge of English to prepare clear and concise reports and recommendations both verbally and in writing.
- Has worked with thorough understanding and knowledge in a broad range of electrical and instrumentation areas in projects (e.g., Medium and Low Voltage Electrical Equipment and Cables, Plant Instrumentation and Controls, Calibration for Process Systems instrumentation equipment, Public Address, Telephone and Fire Detection systems, Applications of Software, Cyber Security and Human Factors Engineering etc.).
- Experienced in leading / performing Nuclear Projects Design assignments to prepare detailed design documents, Analysis and Reports, Scope of Work, Procurement Specifications (Equipment and Services), review Vendors’ proposals as well as Vendor’s designs and documents in electrical and instrumentation areas of one or more numbers of multidisciplinary project(s) to make the design ready for field installation. Prepare recommendations for spare parts requirements for new equipment.
- Has good understanding of OPG’s risk-based Engineering Change Control process.
- Capable of following up with all stakeholders in a nuclear plant including procurement, field engineering, operations and maintenance and provide necessary technical services during field installation.
- Availability of Standard Security clearance to be eligible to work in OPG will be an asset.