Our client a leader in the Aviation industry is seeking an Aircraft Simulation Group Lead for their Montreal, QC locality.
As a part of the Simulation Department in a supervisory role, you will be responsible for managing the RSS Simulation Group, which is dedicated to enabling and supporting the development of a new type of aircraft for the autonomous UAM (Urban Air Mobility) market. Your key responsibilities include:
- Directly supervising a team of 5-10 simulation engineers and software developers who operate within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Mentoring and fostering the career development of team members.
- Ensuring that the RSS Simulation Group is appropriately resourced to meet technical, budgetary, and schedule objectives for the program.
- Providing technical guidance and oversight throughout the development, integration, acceptance, certification, and sustainment of RSS simulations for various purposes across the enterprise.
- Assisting in the definition and management of simulation requirements.
- Assisting in the definition and management of simulation product roadmaps and backlogs.
- Assisting in the establishment and management of departmental budgets and schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in developing complex system simulations, with a preference for experience in a real-time simulation environment.
- Experience in developing Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) and Software-in-the-Loop (SIL) simulations and test environments.
- Proficiency in modeling, stimulation, and/or integration in at least one of the following aerospace-related simulation aspects:
- Aircraft Avionics (FMS, EGPWS, WXR, TCAS, etc.)
- Aircraft Systems (pneumatics, electrics, hydraulics, etc.)
- Aircraft Flight Dynamics (aerodynamics, stability, flight controls, etc.)
- Command and Control (C2) links
- Air Traffic Control Systems
- Communication Systems (ACARS, CPDLC, etc.)
- GPS/Navigation Systems
- Experience with software development, preferably using C/C++, Python, Java, Matlab/Simulink.
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies like GCP, AWS, and Azure, as well as web services/applications.
- Familiarity with common communication and avionics protocols such as ARINC 429 and ARINC 664.
- Knowledge of aircraft operations.