Back to jobs
- Location Mississauga
- Job type Permanent
- Salary Market related
- Discipline Aerospace and Defence
- Reference JOB-26843
The Avionics Engineer is responsible for the development of engineering data packages to support the development and certification of various aircraft modifications. This includes engineering design, technical analysis, and airworthiness certification activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare and define Technical Requirement Documents and Engineering Technical Assessments
- Evaluate vendor technical proposals and internal Program Change Requests
- Prepare Design Change Proposals
- Review and approve vendor requirement specifications, design documentation including engineering drawings, modification summary packages and vendor equipment qualification reports.
- Support aircraft test programs including writing Test Definition Sheets, aircraft equipment integration, aircraft test witnessing and subsequent test report development and review
- Prepare technical reports to show compliance to the applicable certification requirements. Ensure aircraft avionics airworthiness is maintained per required regulations.
- Technically manage avionic supply chain relationships by supporting technical meetings and writing/receiving Engineering Coordination Memos
- Support aircraft production including problem solving and snag resolution
- Support in service aircraft by creating and reviewing engineering modification packages based on customer change requests. Support Service Bulletin development. Support in service aircraft fleet investigation by addressing in Service Difficulty Reports.
- Technically supervise/coordinate the work and the mentoring of less experience Engineers in the department
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Aerospace or Electrical Engineering
- Current or candidate-for Aircraft Certification Delegate AP/DAR preferred
- 10 years’ experience in the design, installation, integration, testing, and certification of aircraft Electrical and avionics modifications.
- 5 years’ experience supporting airworthiness certification under a TCCA framework of working knowledge of system design, test and certification requirements of aircraft auto flight, communication, navigation including FMS, indication/recording systems, cabin, and onboard maintenance systems.
- Knowledgeable with ARP4754 (Guidelines for Development of Civil Aircraft and Systems), ARP4761 (Guidelines and Methods for Conducting The Safety Assessment Process on Civil Airborne Systems and Equipment) and Electrical Wiring Interconnect Systems (EWIS) is an asset.
- Knowledgeable with civil airworthiness FAR Part 23 & 25 avionics regulations and advisory material.
- Knowledgeable with industry advisory material including SAE, RTCA and ARP documents for applicable TCCA, EASA and FAA avionics certification requirements.
- Familiar with and have a working relationship with TCCA, EASA or FAA.
- Intermediate user knowledge of MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Intermediate experience with AutoCAD
- Intermediate experience with CATIA/SOLIDWORKS
- Proven experience in the design and certification of aircraft modifications
- Effective technical writing skills
- Support continuous improvement initiatives
- Effective time management
- Ability to estimate, manage work, adjust priorities to suit demands, track project performance, and report progress and issues
We aim to be inclusive and diverse and provide equal opportunity for employment. All qualified applicants, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation and disability, are encouraged to apply.