Role: Health and Safety Specialist
MUST HAVES: Bilingual FRE/EN communication skills, SO 45001/SA 8000 Knowledge and OSHA
Looking for an opportunity to join a great company whose core purpose is to power the visionaries of this world by delivering them cutting edge infrastructure technology solutions that are tailored to their needs, quickly, reliably and cost efficiently.
As a cutting-edge Montreal-based technology company. Global provider of information technology products and services. Its strategic divisions serve more than 3,000 customers in over 70 countries. Its solutions are employed by organizations from small to large in sectors including cloud providers, media and entertainment, financial services, aerospace, engineering, healthcare, government and education.
To keep up with our rapid growth, we are looking for a Health and Safety Specialist to join our growing team, all while being a leading example of our company culture.
- Manage the health & safety management system and ensure applicable Health and Safety legislative codes, company and ISO45001 standards are maintained;
- Create a program of regular inspections and risk assessments for the purposes of identifying and correcting hazardous and unsafe working conditions throughout the organization;
- Maintain excellent relationships with front line workers and all levels of management to support corporate and business objectives, including leading the Joint Health & Safety Committee;
- Develop standardized safety systems, policies, training, safety campaigns and programs to prevent injury and ensure compliance with Federal, Provincial, State and municipal laws;
- Implement standardized, actionable safety metrics and communication protocol throughout the organization;
- Maintain awareness of potential pending and current legislation that may impact safety standard and programs. Monitor and communicate regulatory changes, recommending changes to ensure compliance and provide technical support when needed;
- Ensure accident prevention through detailed injury & accident reporting and investigation compliance;
- Partner and collaborate with members of the Infrastructure and Facilities teams to provide support through ensuring contractor safety programs are followed, conducting on-site job hazard assessments, leading and conducting Emergency Response Plan drills, as well as partnering in building projects;
- Organize and conduct routine training on health and safety matters;
- Collaborate with managers to monitor compliance and identify safety issues;
- Work closely with Prevention Mutual to minimize costs.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor degree in related field;
- 3-5 years' experience managing a Health and safety program;
- Strong knowledge of applicable Health and Safety regulatory requirements;
- Knowledge of OSHA, ISO45001 and SA8000 standards are a strong asset;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PPT, Excel);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both French and English;
- Strong organizational, prioritization and collaboration skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment;
- Competitive compensation package;
- On-site cafeteria;
- Free access to our 24/7, fully equipped gym + trainer;
- BBQ, theme days and other employee engagement events;
- Career advancement opportunities.