This is a contract role for 1 year (up to 40 hours per week) with a possibility for extension subject to approval. We are seeking an individual to lead the growth of BIM and Digital Twin capabilities.
BIM Lead will be partial work from home, and part time in office.
- Develop multidisciplinary Building Information Models (BIMs) using point cloud, engineering drawings, existing 2D/3D models etc in support of utility power plant applications
- Develop digital twins incorporating live field measurements (Internet of Things, IoT) and design documentations (reports, drawings, etc).
- Develop Virtual Reality (VR) walkthroughs of digital twins.
- Develop 3D models using Autodesk Suite.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, manage and optimizing performance of the models and workflows while acting as a BIM subject matter export.
- Perform laser scanning at client sites (possibly in rubber suit areas).
- Lead the growth with' BIM capabilities
- Facilitate training of Drafting & Modelling staff.
- Identify, research and evaluate BIM related software to fulfill internal and client needs.
- Develop business cases (CAPEX/NPD) to support software/hardware purchases to further develop BIM capabilities.
- Assess client requirements, prepare innovative solutions & provide technical expertise.
- Develop technically cohesive and value-added proposals in response to client's requirements.
- Deliver presentations to management team & clients.
- Participate in workshops and conferences to promote the capabilities of the business
- Other duties as required.
- Completion of a degree in Science, Engineering, Architecture, Technology or equivalent
- A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience developing BIMs and Digital Twins and using Autodesk software suite.
- Working knowledge and application of quality standards.
- Demonstrated technical writing experience with a strong focus on quality and schedule
- Ability to be granted nuclear site security clearance
- Demonstrated high level of initiative to propose and implement new research and business ideas in the department
- Highly innovative and creative in seeking technical solutions to customer issues
- Strong customer orientation and commitment and business unit goals
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with software design tools and scripting is an asset.
- Experience with Bluebeam Revu is an asset.
- Experience within the nuclear industry is an asset.
- Experience managing BIM projects is an asset.
- Experience management staff is an asset.