Locations: 1 role is on Vancouver Island and the other is in the Lower Mainland region
Rate: $70 - $78 SP/Inc
Experience and Role Accountabilities
* A minimum nine (9) years of construction management experience or equivalent.
* Manage the allocation of materials, financial, and human resources by using excellent technical skills in construction methodologies, estimating, and contract management in support of delivering quality projects safely, within budget, and on time.
*Ensure work site safety by prioritizing the safe execution of work by performing and giving feedback on Safe Work Observations using excellent knowledge in safety standards and regulations to improve BC Hydro's safety performance.
* Develop comprehensive mitigation plans by identifying, analyzing, and monitoring risks including reputational, environmental, safety, and indigenous relations for effective risk management throughout the project lifecycle.
* Contribute to stakeholder engagement by using excellent skills in communication, negotiation, and persuasive influencing so that projects are planned and implemented successfully.
* Respond appropriately to internal and third-party construction inquiries using good working knowledge of project management, engineering, and BC Hydro policies and procedures to maintain positive, collaborative relationships with stakeholders and First Nations.
* Act as a subject matter expert on committees and project teams to develop future capability at BC Hydro.
* Assist the project team by performing various construction support activities such as supporting the management of claims to successfully complete projects.
Education and Skills
* Bachelor's degree in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
* Good working knowledge of project management
* Excellent working knowledge of safety standards and regulations such as Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Standards and WorkSafe Regulations
* Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken
* Work with Capital Project Managers / Work Package Managers to improve accuracy in forecasting Stations Field Operations (SFO) resource requirements. Includes: Regulatory (Asbestos, PCB, NERC, etc), Project Delivery (PD) and Programs and Contract Management (PCM) projects.
* Work with / provide counsel to Capital Project Managers / Work Package Managers and ensure there is alignment and understanding of: the activities the internal stations crews are performing; the date and length of crew time required; the communications required to appropriate inform crew leads; project vs field responsibilities (e.g, providing grounds). Inform Stations Planning & Scheduling team and SFO of above findings.
* Act as centralized project coordination function for projects/maintenance work impacting Station Field Operations. This role will have a centralized view of all work within a facility/station and will support the coordination of work and outages. This role will cover multiple stations across the province.
* Visibility of all project work impacting each BC Hydro facility within the role's coverage area. Understanding the footprint impacted by the competing projects and help identify challenges and facilitate conversations to resolve.
* This role will act as a project coordinator for all capital (PD & PCM) and Regulatory work for a specific area/region. They will act as a liaison between project work and maintenance/operation work.
This role must ensure:
o All known PCM and PD projects are included in the Stations Annual Plan.
o The Stations Planning & Scheduling and SFO teams have visibility of all projects.
o Projects have approached SFO resources and outage requirements months/weeks in advance
o Capital Project Managers / Work Package Managers are clear on the scope of work and their project impacts on the system
o Capital Project Managers / Work Package Managers have the most accurate view of SFO resource requirements
o Stations Resource Request Forms are appropriately populated with accurate information
o Mitigation of last minute SFO resource or outage changes
o Coordination of project timing to mitigate conflicts
The goal of this role is to:
o Reduce disruptions to stations work that has already been planned/scheduled
o Reduce rescheduling of outages
o Improve accuracy of resource forecast
o Centralized view of projects impacting a facility and identifying coordination opportunities between projects
* Excellent working knowledge of work and resources required to complete capital construction projects for an electric utility.
* 9+ years of work experience in a capital construction utility environment.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
* Experience identifying and implementing process improvements considered an asset.
* Highly organized individuals considered an asset.