Role: Electrical Design Engineer (Junior, Intermediate, Senior)
Location: DNGS Refurbishment Project Office (RPO) and Remote
Duration: 12 months
Rate: $45 - $75/Inc
Requirement: OPG DE Qual or OPG design experience + preliminary design, detail design, installation/commissioning and closeout experienceTo deliver electrical engineering expertise to power generation utilities and other customers. The specific accountabilities of the position are as follows:
- Provide electrical power distribution design and analysis for operating nuclear and other industrial plants.
- Perform condition assessments of electrical equipment such as transformers, breakers, switch gears, electric motors, motor control centers, generators and other power plant equipment
- Develop life cycle plans, including inspection and test programs
- Perform engineering change design and analysis following established Engineering Change Control procedures
- Perform electrical analysis, equipment protection, cable and electrical equipment selection
- Understand and assess client problems and determine appropriate means of solution.
- Manage projects and act as design team lead where appropriate.
- Interface effectively with other staff on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Stay current with developments within your field of expertise.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/I&C Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in electrical design engineering
- Proven track record in electrical design and analysis in electrical power distribution, including application to nuclear plants
- Strong knowledge of generating station power upgrades including necessary system protection/system stability and relaying
- Experience in performing condition assessments of electrical equipment such as transformers, breakers, switch gears, electric motors, motor control centers, generators and other power plant equipment
- In depth knowledge and experience of use of appropriate codes and standards, as applied to nuclear plant and conventional plants.
- Experience in project management and interfacing with and coordinating activities of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of the life cycle management of electrical equipment.
- Familiarity with rigorous engineering change control processes and application of QA programs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and have demonstrated a high commitment to quality.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience in leading technical projects to successful conclusions.
- Good understanding of nuclear power plant design and operation.
- A Professional Engineer of Ontario (PEO), or eligible for PEO status, with a passion for engineering.
- Innovative, enthusiastic and ready to be part of our dynamic team.
- Knowledge and experience working with nuclear power plant (Bruce Power, OPG, NB Power or other) systems & processes, e.g. Engineering Change Control is an asset.
- OPG and Bruce Power Security Clearance is an asset