Back to jobs
Duration: 1 Year
Location: on site at Bruce Power (Tiverton, Ontario)
- Prepare engineering designs from conceptual design, through tender to construction
- Work with team members in determining viable solutions for design issues.
- Work to and meet project schedules and budgets.
- Coordinate design work with other project team members and other disciplines.
- Prepare design calculations, technical specifications, and engineering drawings
- Support construction administration personnel including field reviews, walkdowns, and co-ordination, review of Vendors' change orders, clarifications and RFI responses on an occasional or as required basis.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Experience in reading & interpreting Electrical drawings, etc.
- Experience with electrical analysis software and design tools, computer knowledgeable.
- Hands on experience with stress analysis and preparation of design calculations.
- Familiarity with pressure vessel design, steam generator design, and knowledge of CANDU plant is considered an asset.
- Experience in design and preparing Engineering Changes is preferred.
- Detail oriented, can work independently or with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to prepare and deliver presentations.
- Knowledge of ASME III code for design and construction
- ECC process working knowledge
- Welding analysis working knowledge
- Previous nuclear experience considered an asset
- Must be registered or eligible to obtain Professional Engineer (P.Eng) within the province of Ontario
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Completion of a 4-year University degree in Engineering (Electrical)
- Five (5) to Eight (8) years of Design Engineering experience
- Two (2) to Three (3) years in Nuclear is considered an asset
- Must be registered or eligible to obtain Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) within the Province of Ontario
- Bruce Power FTL and/or ADE Qualification is considered an asset