Position: Site Electrical Inspector
Location: Sharp Hills Wind Farm, Oyen, Alberta Canada
Start Date: April 1st latest.
Summary: The Electrical Inspector will oversee activities relating to the construction of electrical systems including substations and underground or overhead electrical transmission systems in order to ensure that defined requirements of schedule and quality are being met.
- Provide daily oversight and regular inspections of the electrical system construction installation including substations, underground and overhead electrical collection systems, transmission lines, electrical equipment, and communications equipment
- Maintain effective lines of communication with all company personnel responsible for the project as well as general contractors and sub-contractors
- Properly and effectively perform electrical construction tasks as needed
- Prepare daily reports outlining progress of the work
- Ensure that electrical construction installations are completed in accordance with project documents and specifications
- Review and comment on contractors' schedules and provide assistance to the project team in meeting the overall project objectives
- Attend seminars regarding code changes
- Additional duties as required
- Successful completion of a four-year apprenticeship program or an equivalent combination of training and experience that includes seven years of related work experience and attainment of a journeyman's card
- 5+ years supervising crews and electrical jobs
- Thorough knowledge of NEC and local codes, high-voltage safety codes, electrical theory, mathematics, electrical construction, maintenance methods, and the proper use of personal protective equipment
- Proficient with MS Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)