Estimated Work Start Date: 22-Aug-2022
Location: Site C in Fort St John - camp accomodations
Shift Schedule: Preferred 5/2 shift, flexible to 14/7 shift if required by candidate
Open to FIFO from Alberta/BC for candidates
* The Environmental Professional Level 1 is a fully qualified professional who applies theoretical and practical knowledge to provide environmental management services to successfully complete BC Hydro projects of low to medium complexity safely, with quality, within budget, and on time. Experience and Role Accountabilities
* A minimum eight (8) years of environmental or natural resource management work experience. * Develop environmental work plans using combinations of and modifications to standard procedures and methods including interpreting project specifications and investigating environmental risk in design and the field to support BC Hydro's environmental management objectives.
* Propose changes and make technical recommendations in plans and estimated costs, prepare progress reports, and manage work schedules to assist project or operations management to meet safety, cost, quality, and time objectives.
* Provide technical recommendations for use in project planning and design at public hearings and in public consultation programs including creating environmental impact statements and preparing and presenting expert testimony.
* Initiate, plan, and implement multi-disciplinary studies of impacts and environmental protection measures by developing terms of references, monitoring progress, and reviewing overall results to support BC Hydro's ongoing operations.
* Participate in confidential negotiations regarding mitigation and compensation programs.
* Participate in BC Hydro's environmental management practice by conducting independent studies and analysis, exercising independent judgment in selecting and interpreting information, recommending safe environmental options, and making typical decisions related to standard methods and techniques.
* Manage environmental review processes for BC Hydro projects and operations by identifying, investigating, and resolving design and field environmental problems including developing guidelines, modifying established guidelines and/or devising new approaches.
*Provide environmental management support, advice, and recommendations to business teams at BC Hydro by using good knowledge, training, and/or experience in environmental management to support successful completion of assigned projects.
* Establish and maintain meaningful relationships with internal clients and third parties by collaborating to define the scope of environmental services to be provided, providing environmental information, and investigating and resolving problems to support the implementation of projects and operations.
Education and Skills
* Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering
* Eligible for membership in professional association such as RP Bio, P. Geo., PMP, P. Eng. or equivalent
* Multi-disciplinary study and formal environmental assessment experience
* Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
* Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken
- Auditing contractors environmental compliance
- Coordinating construction teams with environmental risk management and environmental planning
- Coordinating with the Project's Independent Environmental Monitor
- directing the work of three BC Hydro Natural Resource Specialist (Environmental Monitors)
1) A minimum of 8 years relevant experience in environmental science positions
2) Experience with environmental monitoring or environmental compliance is preferred
3) Experience in industrial industry (such as oil & gas, construction, mining etc) is preferred
This role requires regular or occasional attendance at a BC Hydro workplace(s) and as such will be subject to BC Hydro's Contractor Vaccination Policy. This policy requires all contractor resources to be fully vaccinated by January 10, 2022 or prior to the work assignment start date whichever date is later.