Role: Estimator - Construction - MUST BE BILINGUAL FR/EN
Our client in the construction industry is presently looking for an Estimator to work on public tenders in the Industrial and Commercial sectors in Quebec and across Canada.
RESPONSIBILITIES (ESTIMATION PROCESS):
- Review public tenders on electronic sites such as MERX and SEAO and be able to distinguish and select appropriate projects for the company to bid on.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with bid submittals through the BSDQ and other public processes for estimation.
- Open estimate project files, create sub-list, establish deadline, review drawings and scope of work.
- Collect, enter and validate sub-contractor and supplier quotes with inclusions and exclusions.
- Negotiate competitive pricing for each construction division to create competitive quotes.
- Prepare preliminary construction schedule for review.
- Bilingual (French professional proficiency and English intermediate proficiency)
- Minimum of 5 years construction experience with public tenders as Estimator
- Excellent Microsoft office skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tenders at a time.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to meet deadlines and be flexible with constant changes
- Competitive salary, to be discussed and based on experience
- Flexible hours
- Cellphone package provided
- Health and dental insurance
- RRSP contribution program
- Incentivised training
- Wellness program
- Social activities throughout the year (golf, summer BBQs, Holiday parties)