Role: Head of PMO
Location: Ottawa, some travel to Medicine Hat and UK.
Purpose of this position:
Professionalism of the Program Management function in QinetiQ Canada and implementation of PMO tools, processes and services across all Canadian programs
- Consistent, repeatable and successful delivery of Canadian programs, ensuring they are set up for success from the outset and managed appropriately until closure.
- Maintaining and evolving program governance to ensure appropriate controls and reporting are in place and in line with corporate expectations, including to the President QinetiQ Canada, International Programs Director and MD International.
- Specific program delivery responsibility as required and directed by President MD Canada, ensuring programs are delivered on time and within budget.
- Acting as the single point of accountability for Global Operating Model programs activity in Canada.
- Working with Head of PMO (International) and peers in Germany and Australia to ensure a federated approach to PMO services that facilitates sharing and implementation of best practice across the International businesses.
- Developing and implementing a plan for the introduction of Schedule, Risk and Estimating tools and processes in Canada.
- Ensuring that all delivery programs have appropriate forecasting in place (both financial and resource demand signal).
- Maintaining an integrated risk register across Canadian programs and monitoring contingency plans.
- Ensuring all programs have timely access to PMO services, enabling resource, expertise, tools and training required to support successful delivery.
- Operating in a Safe & Secure manner and ensuring that direct and indirect reports do likewise.
- Leading by example in delivering a customer facing QinetiQ program that is in line with customer expectations and QinetiQ values.
- Representing QinetiQ Canada in Performance Excellence Working Groups
- Facilitating Learning from Experience reviews to ensure program delivery experience is captured and shared both within QinetiQ Canada and the wider QinetiQ Group.
Developing local skills, knowledge and competence in program delivery and PMO services.
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
- >5 years of experience leading complex equipment programs
- Leading multi-disciplined teams, including those with a high technical content
- Stakeholder management including proven success in environments with multiple direct and indirect stakeholders.
- Strong track record of successfully resolving competing demands.
- Specific experience in the implementation and use of P3M tools and processes, including on large / small scale programs and mature / immature programs organisations.
- Experience across all stages of project lifecycle, including project mobilisation, service delivery and project recovery
Experience in applying different techniques appropriately to meet the needs of the program, including waterfall, MVP and spiral development.
Desirable Experience and Qualifications
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation or equivalent
- Experience delivering to military customers, including Canadian Armed Forces (PSPC, DND and Land, Air and Sea customers)
- Implementation of Earned Value Management tools and techniques
- Knowledge of specifying and deploying integrated ERP solutions
- International program delivery