Back to jobs
I&C Design Engineer
Duration: 1 Year Contract
Hours: 40+ per week
- Provide I&C engineering design and analysis for nuclear and other industrial plants.
- Provide a high level of expertise in one or more specific areas e.g. control instrumentation assessment/design/specification of equipment and components; etc.
- Perform condition and performance assessments of I&C aspects of equipment Develop life cycle plans, including inspection and test programs.
- Perform engineering change design and analysis following established change control procedures.
- Understand and assess client problems and determine appropriate means of solution.
- Manage projects and act as design team lead where
- Interface effectively with other staff on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Stay current with developments within your field of expertise.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/I&C Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in I&C design engineering
- Proven track record in I&C design and analysis in power generation and similar industrial facilities.
- Strong knowledge of control system design and equipment including control computers, PID controllers, Digital Control System (DCS), Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) etc.In depth knowledge and experience of use of appropriate codes and standards, as applied to nuclear plant and conventional plants.
- Experience in project management and interfacing with and coordinating activities of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Be familiar with rigorous engineering change control processes and application of QA programs.
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and have demonstrated a high commitment to quality.
- A Professional Engineer of Ontario (PEO), or eligible for PEO status, with a passion for engineering.
- Innovative, enthusiastic and ready to be part of our dynamic team.
- OPG and Bruce Power Security Clearance is an asset
- In addition, you will be the type of person who displays strong leadership skills and is recognized by your peers and customers as a sound, practical, innovative, and helpful engineer.
- You will pride yourself in your ability to provide value-added solutions and to consistently deliver projects ahead of schedule and under budget.