Intermediate Electrical Engineer
Location: Bruce Power
Duration: 1 Year
* Manages projects for safety, quality, productivity, asset reliability, process improvement, cost reduction and other business objective improvement.
* Projects from initial concept and scope development through design, procurement, construction/installation and start-up.
* Provides instruction in operation, set-up, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and ensure work quality and adherence to established policies and procedures.
* Utilize your background in Electrical Hardware, Automation Systems, and Process Control Systems.
* Support the planning, prioritizing, and reviewing the technical plans for engineering/maintenance of the production and facility equipment including the preparation of project plans, schedules, budgets and proposals.
* Establish schedules and methods for providing services; identifying resource needs; reviewing needs, allocating resources accordingly, and effectively communicating action plans/repairs.
* Participate in the development of control policies and procedures and making recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards and procedures.
* Analyze and interpret all project related documents (electrical, mechanical, architectural, etc.) to accurately quantify all controls and instrumentation scope items provided in bid package.
* Produce accurate control system and control panel design submittals and schedules.
* Accurately quantify all material and labor requirements associated with the project.
* Evaluate and review of all estimates with the Senior Engineering Manager for accuracy, value analysis and appropriate profit margin.
* Manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize projects in accordance with deadline requirements.
* Work in conjunction with Customer, Senior Engineer, Consulting Engineers, Pre-Construction and Contract Managers to prepare an accurate design proposal or schedule.
* Strong understanding or codes and standards
* Experience with Engineering and Project Change Control Systems
* Strong communication skills
* Requires knowledge of physics, chemistry, metallurgy, mathematics, electricity, engineering and economics to technically understand the operation of the facility.
* Requires strong technical writing skills for preparing specifications, work instructions, asset management documents, and planning documents.
* Must have a demonstrated ability to prepare clear and concise reports. * Must be able to propose recommendations and resolution to technical issues both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to interface effectively with Plant Operations, Plant Engineering, Maintenance, other technical staff, Regulators and other stakeholders.
* Ability to interact positively with others by developing trust, mutual respect and cooperative working relationships.
* Requires experience to solve problems, to provide advice and guidance, to initiate developmental studies and to make recommendations during the design, commissioning and operation of a nuclear facility; to evaluate components or materials, and to perform economic studies and evaluations associated with the design, commissioning and operation of a nuclear facility and at all times to work safely.
* Job located on site at Bruce Power (Tiverton, Ontario)
* 40 - 60 Hour Work week with possible shift work depending on Project Needs (Able to support Morning, Day, and Evening Shift)
* Health benefits administered through our carrier, Manulife*
* Vacation and other paid and unpaid leaves of absence programs*
* Employment Type: Full-Time Permanent OR Contract
* Start Date: Depending on Security Clearance
* Language: English
* Efficiently plan and coordinate on-site engineering and construction activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and provided funding by performing the tasks personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
* Completion of a 4-year University degree in Engineering (Electrical)
* Five (5) to Eight (8) years of Engineering experience
* Two (2) to Three (3) years in Nuclear is considered an asset
* Must be registered or eligible to obtain Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) within the Province of Ontario
Must have DCC experience