Seeking multiple impressive procurement professionals with the energy and drive to join our team. You should have previous experience managing global supply chains, as well as the ability make a significant impact on performance, along with strong verbal communication skills. In this role as a Senior Procurement Specialist, you'll be responsible for not only managing day-to-day orders but also leading negotiations on strategic deals from both domestic suppliers & international vendors all while being able provide support through analytical tools. You are someone who has a strong sense of Strong sense of urgency to complete tasks & high attention to detail. Join a strong growing team & company!
A few key responsibilities that you will take on include, but are not limited to; The development and improvement of supplier quality, cost & delivery performance; Negotiating contracts and long-term agreements; Continuous improvement with new product introduction activities; Continuous improvement to the design and development of supply chain processes & undertaking cost analysis for direct material and services.
- Academic Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Science or Engineering (University or higher)
- A minimum of 3 years Supply Chain Procurement experience in Aerospace, Shipbuilding, Automotive, Construction, Heavy Manufacturing or the Defense industry
- Supply Chain accreditations: SCMP, MCIPS or ISM (Considered to be an asset)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience and exposure to market analytics and insights
- Knowledge of the Federal Government's Procurement policies and terms and conditions of trade
- Knowledge of industry wide Project Controls systems (analysis of KPI variations, trends and possible impacts to the Program)
- Previous teaching and mentoring experience
- MS Suite skills
- Thorough relocation package
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- RRSP matching program
- Health & Wellness reimbursements