Duration: 1 Year (Extended Yearly)
Location: Bruce Power Sites
• Responsible for delivering the overall technical scope of the project as identified in scope of work document.
• Be knowledgeable of the technical and quality requirements (ex. Diesel Stand by Generator) and the regulatory codes and standards applicable to the discipline, used in the preparation and review of work procedures such as; Work coordination plans, commissioning plans and reports.
• Interface with internal contacts within PMC programs and site engineering, operations, maintenance departments etc. and support communications with external regulatory agencies, contract service providers, manufacturers, etc. in alignment with approved designs and supply chain processes.
• Where applicable, provide input as a mandatory stakeholder during conceptual phase of the project.
• Review conceptual and preliminary Engineering reports for compliance to the overall technical scope of work, cost and schedule. Request revisions as required.
• Participate in design and construction vendor selection process.
• Support Project Development Phase by reviews during 50% and 90% design package submissions from constructability and execution standpoint. Ensure that the design and construction margins are well understood.
• Request constructability reviews for projects as necessary.
• Conduct and lead interactive planning sessions to discuss and resolve constructability/ field execution planning issues.
• Prepare, review or approve installation procedures, work coordination plans, test procedures and commissioning plans for successful implementation of the project.
• Provide technical specifications for contract documents as required. Review and evaluate vendor bids for technical details and compliance to Bruce Power requirements.
• Provide technical assistance/guidance and field support to construction personnel or other clients related to the interpretation of design information, work method and constructability based on project requirements.
• Provide engineering guidance and authority to progress work for all non-intent changes to the design package during installation and commissioning.
• Lead technical troubleshooting for post installation issues related to commissioning. Use corrective action process to perform investigations (A3, EACE, RCI etc.) to avoid repeated occurrence.
• Work with field engineering/ services to provide timely response to vendor requests via RFI process.
• Participate in establishing and updating schedules for project engineering deliverables.
• Lead available for service (AFS) and project closeout activities.
• Responsible for maintaining own qualification as per TQD, Training and qualification requirements.
• Perform other duties as required and assigned by line management.
• Completion of a 4 year University degree in Engineering with a focus in electrical, mechanical or nuclear.
• Must be registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) within the Province of Ontario or EIT
• A period of up to and including 1 - 3 years is considered necessary to gain this experience
• Must be able to obtain Federal security clearance.
• Previous nuclear or Bruce Power experience is considered an asset.
• Previous project engineering/field engineering experience would be an asset.