Role: Lead Electrical Engineer - Bilingual preferred
Salary Range: $70,000 - $95,000
Currently seeking a talented, highly motivated individual who is passionate and ready for new challenges. We are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer who can quickly understand the analytical concepts of our products and become the lead of our team to design and build our solutions. The successful candidate for this position will be able to work through the projects' conceptual stage up to the completion, while considering the operational and the budget impacts.
Who we are?
A market-defining company for best in class X-ray security scanners. Based in Montreal, we bring innovative software and hardware solutions to markets facing dynamic and ever-changing threats. We are at the forefront of ushering change and innovation into a critical and fast-growing industry.
Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, great customer experience, and making a difference in the world. Our employees are encouraged to explore their creativity in an interdisciplinary fashion while applying their skills to addressing challenging and vital global security concerns. We are looking for talented, ambitious candidates who are searching a challenge and thrive in fast paced environments. We are passionate about people and enabling them to do their best work.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead, develop and expand the Electrical Engineering team.
- Coordinate the team assignments to insure the most effective and efficient use of the resources.
- Participate in activities related to new product development, continuous improvement, manufacturing implementation and customer support.
- Provide expertise on the design of electrical components, validate their functionally based on technical and legal requirements.
- Be responsible for the product's conformity to electrical standards, including but not limited to, NRTL and CE, as well as for the electromagnetic compliance (EMC) of the products.
- Develop, set up and follow test plans, identify the required test instruments and equipment.
- Write reports and compile data related to existing and future electrical engineering projects.
- Have the capacity to supervise and train other team members within the company.
- Perform a variety of engineering tasks involving, but not limited to, technical analysis, reports, and problem solving.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Professionally Licensed Engineer.
- 10+ years of the related work experience.
- Good knowledge of PCB design using CAD software, such as OrCAD, to generate PCB layouts and BOMs.
- Experience operating standard test equipment including, but not limited to, spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, dielectric strength tester, ground continuity tester, digital multi- meter, surge generator, over-voltage tester.
- Knowledge of International and Canadian Electrical Safety Standards (i.e.: IEC 61010-1, EN 61326-1, etc.), along with the ability to read, understand, interpret, and summarize standards and directives related to the safety certification processes is an important asset.
- Knowledge of the European Safety Directives, i.e.: "Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive", "Low Voltage Directive" and "Machinery Directive" is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience with programming languages such as assembler, C, C++ is an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Languages: English and French (written and spoken)
- Experience in defense, aerospace or security industries is an asset
- Positive, will-to-win attitude with highly developed sense of accountability and ownership.
- Ability and willingness to adapt to a fast pace environment.
- Proactive problem solver capable of identifying issues and generating solutions.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to coordinate multiple streams of work independently; close attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and team skills.
- Team spirit, ability to work under pressure and able to meet deadlines.
- This position would require work in both an office and a lab environment.