Position: Lead Transportation & Logistics Coordinator
Location: 700 Rue de la Gauchetière #1200, Montréal, QC H3B 4L5
Salary: $85 - 100K/Yr. (Perm)
Reporting to the PM Director, the TL coordinator will be responsible for planning and overseeing the Logistics on their assigned projects. Consisting of project estimating, early stage project planning and coordination, execution supervision with suppliers, updating and follow ups in SAP, and claim management. The Loco is a support to the GPM on the project for all matters relating to Transport and Logistics. They are responsible for advising on transportation strategy, and all inland transportation procurement. They are also responsible for coordinating and ordering overseas transports for the project major turbine components.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transport related project responsibility in a defined region. Including transport strategy and feasibilities, (route survey, research of solutions).
- Negotiating and procuring all transportation and services required along the supply chain
- Be part of the baseline and the project planning together with the GPM and work on the constant improvement of the strategy.
- Interface between construction sites, forwarding agent, plant, crane Service Company, Stevedore
- Company at the harbor, and the transport- and global logistics department in Germany.
- Point of contact in the respective region for the GPM, construction site team and service providers.
- Collaborates with diverse department and Service providers for enhanced solution implementation;
- Supervising the transports on the construction sites (random checks).
- Coordinate all incoming and outgoing transports as well as crane operations in the respective area of responsibility.
- Coordinating with receiving managers to ensure timely arrival of material and supplies
- Identifying any potential delays that might affect shipments
- Managing the company shipping log
- Control of executed works and capture of additional costs.
- Transport mapping in SAP.
- Prepare periodic executive reporting and KPIs packages
- Immediately inform HSO, CM and GPM about HSE non-conformities.
- Ensure on time completion of T/L actions from the HSE-Weekly Action Plan and, if applicable transfer actions to sub-contractors and follow-up completion.
- Align, inform and work with the different authorities.
- Ensure that legal regulations as well as ENERCON-HSE-standards, HSE-plan, HSE-requirements by the customer and existing technical regulations are adhered to by the sub-contractors on-site.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in supply chain management or logistics management considered an asset
- 10 to 15 years' work experience in relevant industry
- Knowledge in technical aspects of oversea, inland, stevedoring, port shifting, and general logistics.
- Familiar with oversized and break bulk hauling equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French
- Ability to provide timely advice in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial and analytical mindset and problem-solving skills
- Good leadership skills
- Self-starter, well organized with capacity to manage multiple priorities at the same time
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving skills are required.
- Process oriented, is an asset.
- Advanced skills in MS Office, specifically Excel
- Experience with SAP is an asset.