Position: Maintenance Outage Manager
Location: Tiverton, ON
Contract: 12 months
Summary: This position is a critical SPOC (Single Point of Contact) interface between the construction Section Managers and FLM's. This role is to ensure that all CP and NCP are tracking to completion as per the plan. If there are issues they need to ensure that the construction team has assigned a SPOC to address and resolve the issue. All issues shall be tracked on the PCC Log.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitors the status of task completion of individual work packages and identifies maintenance / Construction resources, as necessary, to ensure system window milestones are met.
- Updates PDM prior to end of each shift.
- Maintains awareness of both critical path activities and nearcritical path activities, and develops resolution of constraints requiring Maintenance / Construction Support.
- Assesses the Maintenance / Construction resource requirements needed to respond to emergent work and rework.
- Acts as Single Point of Contact to resolve maintenance and Maintenance Support issues.
- Acts as Single Point of Contact to ensure Construction and Construction Support issues are resolved.
- Establishes work and material priority of parallel or resource constraint issues.
- Coordinates housekeeping, Post Maintenance Tests (PMTs), and Clearance Order releases, when necessary.
- Following up on maintenance and construction tasks and completing walk downs as required/when available
- Maintain the PCC board with TCDS, actions, work orders, tasks, after consultation with the PDM
Required Skills and Experience:
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Completion of a 4 year University Degree in related discipline preferred.
- Practical experience in the operation of a multi-unit Candu nuclear facility preferred
- A period of over 5 years and up is considered necessary to gain this experience.