New opportunity! Apply direct or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!
The primary responsibility of the Manufacturing is to ensure that health and safety is the main priority of the facility. Other responsibilities include meeting schedule, budget and quality KPI’s through Continuous Improvement.
Reports to: Operations Manager
- Manage and lead a team of technicians, trades, Team Leaders, and Supervisors to manufacture, assemble and build projects using engineering drawings and associated design data to meet the business and customer expectations.
- Take a proactive role to support the Operations Manager and respective Project Managers, ensuring that all projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the highest quality standard.
- Ensure that staff are trained to follow established production processes and procedures.
- Ensure all staff are working in line with established Health and Safety management systems.
- Ensure equipment and tooling required is available and maintained.
- Lead production meetings.
- Assist the Operations Manager and Project Managers with project reporting and Key Performance Indicators.
- Ensure that equipment, material, and staff are all available for scheduled production and adjust schedule as required.
- Provide recommendations on capital purchases.
- Ensure all employee training records and certifications are up to date.
- Responsible for head count planning, payroll time sheets, vacation, and absence tracking. Complete Interviews, onboarding, training, performance management, and development using coaching and feedback.
- Drive the Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, and People (SQCDP) operational framework.
- Develop a performance culture of continuous improvement throughout the facility through employee engagement empowerment and accountability.
- Engendering a culture for the promotion of the company values and ethical business behavior in an accepting workplace free from discrimination, violence, and harassment; manage a respectful and inclusive workplace.
- Other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- A University Degree in a related field, or equivalent experience/knowledge gained through other forms of education or training.
- A minimum five years of experience in managerial role in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to communicate and lead a team.
- Competent in planning and production methods and processes.
- Able to read engineering drawings and associated design data.
- Competent computer software skills i.e. Microsoft Office suite including Word and Excel, and Material Requirements Planning (MRP) software.
- Through understanding of health and safety legislation, standards and best practices with the ability to apply this knowledge to maintain a safe and healthy work place.
- High sense of accountability and urgency.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Green Belt preferred.
- Must be eligible to meet the requirements of export control regulations and security regulations, including the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and Canadian government security requirements.