Mechanical Design Engineer
Role type: Contractor
Number required: 1
Contract duration: 2 Years
1. Plan and manage approved projects to ensure work is completed on schedule and budget to
required quality standards
2. Supervise technical staff who perform experimental work.
3. Develop and maintain contacts with client organizations; regularly discuss status of projects and emerging issues
4. Assist in developing proposals for internal and external customers.
5. Act as a technical support for Department Manager and others in the department.
6. Assist in the negotiation and administration of contracts, including cost estimates, schedule, and resources required. Carry out customers' work and prepare reports with recommendations based on results achieved.
7. Keep informed of the latest technical developments and techniques through participation in related industry associations and research planning committees, attendance at conferences and prepare technical papers and articles
8. Perform other duties as required
Essential Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications:
1. A four-year university education in Mechanical or Process Engineering plus a minimum of four or
more years further work in the chemical process industry.
2. Must be a Registered Engineer in the Province of Ontario.
3. Must have demonstrated knowledge and/or experience in one or more of:
1. Appendix 23, ASME III
Nice to Have
1. OPG Site Security Clearance
2. OPG Design Engineer DE Qual