Back to jobs
- Must have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Diploma or University degree in mechanical engineering or relevant working experience
- Between 3 to 5 years of mechanical design experience in the industrial sector
- Knowledge of current computer applications such as the MS Office suite (Outlook, MS Project, Word, Excel), Acrobat Reader, Access and other applications, databases and interfaces
- Proficient in SolidWorks, AutoCAD and other CAD applications
- Electrical/automation drafting experience
- A passion for sustainability and solar energy
- Generate detail and assembly drawings, associated BOMs and any technical documentation related to the products
- Submit drawings to senior engineers and manufacturing teams
- Provide all information to support procurement of all mechanical related components, included in BOMs
- Work on schedule and within the budget on all mechanical aspects of the project, and manage own time for maximum efficiency
- Be capable of writing technical documents in English at an engineering level
- Sketch and draw up designs using input from engineers on the team
- Create designs in line with company procedure, regulations, and client standards
- Provide support during the building and installation process
- Finalize designs and send data to the production department
- Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs, applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods, testing properties.
- Develops mechanical and electromechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Maintains system and product data base by writing computer programs and entering data.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.