Back to jobs
Modification Team Lead
Modification Team Lead
Duration: 1 Year
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The Modification Team Lead (MTL) is accountable for completing the assigned projects and modifications as per modification process procedure and any other applicable OPG governance
- Perform any required liaison and oversight activities amongst OPG, Vendor and Stakeholders
- Under the supervision of the Project Manager/ Section Manager, the MTL leads the project/modification teams and manages the safety, resources, risks, scope, cost and schedule of the assigned portfolio
- Develop modification plans, contracting strategy, procurement and construction materials strategy, and execution plans to ensure the assigned projects/ modifications are implemented in a timely event free manner
- Provide regular forecasts and management updates on projects/modifications status and risks
- Responsible for the planning, execution, Operations Turnover/AFS and closeout of the modification projects in accordance with N-PROC-MP-0090 and N-GUID-00700-10000
- Support projects being carried out by Framatome and other OPG's vendors in conjunction to managed project(s)
- Ensure that the design deliverables and products generated by Framatome follow approved QA processes and OP&P, safety and other pertinent OPG's requirements
- Managing COMS meetings, identification and management of key stakeholders (Engineering, Licensing, Construction, Operations, Maintenance, Commissioning, Conventional and Nuclear Safety), their needs and concerns, developing project plan, estimates and schedules, funding and contacting strategies per the ECC process
- Review of Preliminary MOD package and all other related N forms, routing of documentation for signature of Design Authority & DOM's approval
- Coordination of multi discipline work groups, monitoring, controlling project's performance, key constraints and assumptions
- Organizing various meetings (Kickoff, COMS, Challenge, Turnover, AFS / OPS Acceptance and Closeouts), walk downs to meet the desired objectives, milestones, projects progress, and compliance
- Coordinates all elements of engineering work (maintains overall technical solution, development of procedures, definition and acquisition of required tools, materials, etc.) and other preparations which will be required to implement the contract within budget/schedule.
- Coordinate inter-discipline documentation production
- Coordinate work with construction and vendors
- Works on special projects, as directed.
- Performs other related duties and tasks, as required.
- BS in Engineering/Engineering Tech. plus 2-5 years of project engineering/MTL experience.
- Superior communication and soft skills
- Previous proven OPG project/modification experience
- Working knowledge of nuclear or thermal power plant designs
- Strong problem identification and problem resolutions skills
- Key Competencies: Problem resolution, Action Driven, Results oriented, Building Networks, Customer Orientation, Detailed Oriented, Flexibility.
- OPG MTL Qual 42294 preferred
- Proficiency with PC-based applications such as MS Office
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management
- Ability to change priorities quickly, confront issues directly and work well as part of a team