On-Site Project Coordinator
Location: Napanee, Ontario
Duration: Until May 2022
Support Napanee Generating Station's Plume Project Management Teams efforts in delivering a safe and functioning Cooling Tower's Retrofit that meets critical project KPI's.
- Assisting the Project Manager in all project management areas associated with the planning, auditing, engineering, procurement, coordination, stakeholder reporting, onsite integration, construction and completions efforts relating to the project's and numerous contractual scope, cost, schedule and quality deliverables.
- Provide Civil, Structural, and Architectural engineering support for drawing reviews, site execution coordination, scheduling or planning efforts.
- Provide construction coordination support for all 2021 site execution.
ON-SITE PROJECT COORDINATOR
The primary focus of the onsite Project Coordinator's role will, the activities outlined, but not limited to, below:
- Help build, coordinate, and assist the OWNERS Contractor-based Project Management Team with a variety of PMO-related activities.
- Aid in the review cycle for Civil, Structural and Architectural (CSA) submission from Engineering Contractors or plans related to constructability reviews
- Review for reference and planning purposes all OWNER approved project execution plan related plans/documents, including but not limited to the below:
- The official Project Scope definitions, budgets and schedules.
- All project related support Contracts.
- Plant/Project Document Control Procedures.
- Worker and Equipment Resourcing and Material Management plans
- Communications, Risk, change, and interface Management Plans
- Regulatory/Project/plant Key Project Documents, standards and guidelines; and
- Other related governing documents
- Ensure proper storage of files, drawings, etc. throughout construction phase of execution.
- Aid the P/C construction planning process to prepare and update weekly construction work pack, special permit to work applications and RFI/NCR/Turnover packages for project submission.
- Interface with engineering resources to address design clarifications or change.
Qualifications & Education
- A College or technical diploma or University degree in a related engineering or technical field (Civil Eng/Tech preferred)
- Experience in construction planning, coordination, and management in industrial environments, around energized and/or operating equipment (power plant experience preferred)
- Experience in documented project documentation, change and interface management system
- Strong organizational, scheduling and communications skills
- Strong focus on work planning and execution with safety and quality concerns integrated in every step
- Familiarity with the administration or coordination of a variety of Construction-Related Contracting models (EPC, Design and Supply, Procure and Construct … etc)
- Ability to accept a wide range of work assignments within a project team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment, without getting flustered.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong MS Office skills
- People person, team player, ready to participate.