Procedure/Technical Writer 23-019
Role: Procedure/Technical Writer
Number of Vacancies: 2
Hours: up to 35 hours per week
Duration: 2 years
Location: Darlington, ON
· Participate in the operational review, validation, verification, and approval processes for new or revised procedures.
· Provide expert technical input into the content of operations or maintenance procedures.
· Assess Technical Procedure Action Requests (TPARs) for completeness and work with TPAR initiator to ensure request meets standard and that the TPAR can be accepted or if necessary, rejected and submitted correctly.
· Check all relevant documents and verify accuracy of references.
· Assumes role of document owner during workflow from TPAR acceptance to issuance.
· Ensure accuracy of technical content and review comments.
· Work with Technical Writer following OPG governance and guidelines to ensure documents meet OPG standards.
· Attend stakeholder reviews.
· Meet all deliverables and TCDs for documents assigned to them.
· Maintain an awareness of current plant operating conditions and professional competency.
· Keep abreast of changes to operational practices, plant technology and system modifications and equipment applications.
· Former Darlington license (ANO, CRSS or SS/SM). The knowledge expertise and qualification(s) obtained as Darlington Authorized Nuclear Operator or Control Room Shift Supervisor or higher are required to fill this role.
· Requires good knowledge of nuclear station policies and principles, hazards and constraints, operation procedures and radiation protection procedures.
· Requires good knowledge of operating systems and equipment, regulations, and guidelines and operations methods and techniques required to safely and efficiently operate a nuclear power facility in order to review and revise technical procedures. - Requires good written and oral communication skills to prepare procedures, information to provide advice, guidance, and technical expertise.
· Requires good planning and work management skill.
· This knowledge is normally acquired by being a previously licensed individual; in any of the following positions, ANO, CRSS or Shift Manager.
· Demonstrated ability to work well with other work groups and a willingness to accept and respond to constructive criticism. - Experience includes work practices and techniques associated with the operation and maintenance of nuclear plant facilities.
· A period of over 8 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.