Contract duration- 6 months
Location- Edmonton, AB
Rates- $60.00- $80.00 per hour.
We are seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Senior Procurement Specialist to join our client’s dynamic procurement team within Procurement Services.
The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in managing the vendor prequalification process, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, and fostering positive relationships with potential vendors. This strategic procurement approach is being designed to support departments in acquiring supplies in a more accelerated way during year end.
- Oversee the vendor prequalification process from start to finish, ensuring adherence to established guidelines, policies, and trade regulations.
- Analyze historical data to identify optimal categories for vendor pre-qualification.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive vendor prequalification criteria and standards.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to understand project requirements and align vendor selection criteria accordingly.
- Prepare the solicitation documents required for a vendor pre-qualification.
- Evaluate vendor applications and documentation to assess qualifications, capabilities, and compliance with standards.
- Conduct thorough due diligence, to the extent required, of potential vendors.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with vendors throughout the prequalification process, providing guidance and addressing inquiries.
- Engage with legal, when required, to ensure all prequalified vendors meet required standards.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation of vendor prequalification processes and outcomes.
Moderate experience with APC and E-bidding
Familiarity ERP systems (SAP)
3 years of experience with MS Office Suite desirable
SCMP Certified- desirable