Position: Portfolio Manager - Balance of Plant
Location: Tiverton, ON (relocation required)
Duration: 12 - 24 months
Previous Bruce Power project management experience is required.
With respect to the Project Management Services, the Portfolio Managers shall:
- Provide work direction to personnel performing the Work.
- Ensure all necessary training to its personnel, provided that BP will provide training in procedures and requirements that are specific to its organization and facilities, as set forth in the BP Scope of Work (Training).
- The Portfolio Managers shall be available to BP at all reasonable times to ensure that decisions are made or instructions provided promptly to avoid delays to the services.
- The Portfolio Managers will be solely dedicated to the Work while at the Bruce Site.
- The Portfolio Managers shall schedule and chair monthly assigned project update review meetings for projects at risk with Project Managers.
In addition to the reports produced as required by the Project Delivery Program, the Portfolio Manager shall review and deliver the following documents prepared by the PMs:
- Weekly project cost variance explanation (for the current month, month-to-month variations, and year-end) using the report provided by Project Controls.
- Weekly project schedule critical path variance explanation using the report provided by Project Controls.
- Milestone tracking and recovery plans using the report provided by Project Control.
- Summary of evidence for completion of milestones.
- Monthly Project Status Tracker (PST) with recovery plans for CPI/SPI/EAC, as required - monthly as specified by Bruce Power's month end schedule.
- Weekly progress reports (Work planned, Work completed, Work planned for the next week, issues/risks).
- Weekly updates to work management tracking.
- Weekly updates to outage look ahead.
- Weekly updates to supply chain escalation issues.
- Daily execution reporting (online or outage).
- Other reports as are reasonably requested by BP to support its business needs.
The Work shall include attendance by the Portfolio Managers and/or the Project Managers) at the following meetings and others as specified by BP:
- Project status Review meetings (monthly).
- Phase gate reviews, as required.
- Weekly project review meetings with the SLCC Site Manager, as required.
- Weekly project critical path review with support from project controls as required.
- Weekly work management meetings for projects that have work on the online plan, as required.
- Weekly Supply chain interface meetings, as required.
- Weekly engineering design interface meetings, as required.
- Weekly or bi-weekly outage look ahead meetings, as required.
- Outage challenge meetings prior to outages, as required.
- Outage risk review meetings, as required.
- Daily outage reports during outages, as required.
- Task Analysis Meetings (TAMs) for project planning, as required.
- Any meeting as may be reasonably requested BP to support its business needs.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must Previous Bruce Power experience
- 4-year university degree in Engineering, Science or Business.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification is preferred (i.e. PMP).
- P.Eng registered with the PEO is considered an asset
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) designation, considered an asset.
- 8+ years of progressive project management experience with a major focus on:
- Management of and leading of teams;
- Project controls
- Contract negotiations;
- Contract administration / management
- Demonstrated experience leading strategic in the Nuclear Industry
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary and multi-phase long term projects/programs;
- Strong understanding of governance and the ability to direct others to follow and execute on established procedures and project charters
- Knowledge and deep understanding of project/program management methodologies (WBS, top down/bottom up methods, planning & monitoring, change management, scope management, cost control), practices and other project management related fields;
- People and team oriented with a strong ability to establish high level of confidence, credibility and cooperation with program and project stakeholders;
- Managing stakeholders at various levels in the organization;
- Strong change agent that has led larger project teams while demonstrating their knowledge and ability in project management principles and practices;