Role: Program/Integration Coordinator
Duration: 12 months
Location: Tiverton, ON - on site
Start Date: Upon security clearance
The Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Program Manager & Sr. Program Manager in the effective delivery of projects and/or initiatives related to a program area. This diverse role supports the organization, monitoring and execution of program activities, resources and information, ensuring coordination and alignment both within the program and with external stakeholders and business or governance requirements.
- As part of a Program Team, support the planning, execution and monitoring of the program and its activities in accordance with the Bruce Power Management System and values.
- Responds to the needs of the program by designing and maintaining reporting systems and strategies to manage and measure the success of the program
- Analyses reports and data and compiles into meaningful reports and recommend mitigating actions when recognizing performance is not to standard
- Works closely with program and project teams to coordinate and align activities, avoiding duplication of effort and divergence from common goals of the program
- Recognizes inefficiencies and opportunities for improvement and raises to the Program Manager with proposed solutions and alternatives
- Knows and understands the role of the program in the greater organization and accepts responsibility for fulfillment of the program’s directives
- Identifies adverse conditions and accurately and thoroughly documents them in accordance with the corrective action program; accepts and completes assigned corrective actions with quality in a timely manner
- Acts as single point of contact for sub-programs, initiatives, projects and resources as appropriate
- Acts as subject matter expert for sub-programs, initiatives, projects and resources as appropriate
- Provides information, data, analyses, and resources upon request
- Organizes information and documentation for the program in accordance with program requirements; reviews documentation and advises on policy or procedural requirements
- Keeps the Program Manager & Sr. Program Manager informed of any developments or changes affecting the program or its activities and promptly escalates
- Liaises cross-functionally with other programs and external organizations and maintains positive relationships in a professional and reputable manner
- Ensures internal and external communications are accurate and thorough and are shared in a timely manner
- Coordinates/prepares/attends meetings and represents the program in the interest of continuous improvement and relationship management
- Keeps program team on track with deliverables and deadlines by monitoring activities and plans and providing lookahead
- Pursuing opportunities for improving program performance without being prompted
- Other duties as assigned
- This knowledge is normally considered to be gained by completion of four (4) year University degree in Business, Engineering, Project Management or a related field.
- AACE or PMI designation an asset; knowledge of project management fundamentals and principles of project management and execution.
- 2 years up to and including 4 years of experience are considered necessary to gain this experience.
- Experience as a program or project coordinator or a similar role supporting Program Managers in the delivery of program objectives.
- Experience within the Nuclear industry is considered an asset.
- Experience with cyclical online or outage operations work and work management processes is considered an asset.
- Experience with P6, EcoSys and Maximo applications is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the PMBOK and/or Total Cost Management (TCM) methodologies
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to plan and prioritize multiple activities and deal with emergent requests
- Analytically inclined; able to mine, assimilate and draw conclusions from data
- Creative problem solving and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Takes ownership of challenges and drives for tangible solutions
- Demonstrates consistency and structure, continually improving self and team performance
- Ability to work autonomously and deliver complex products with minimal guidance and/or prior knowledge or experience
- Collaborative nature with collective purpose focus; open to change, alternatives and feedback
- Careful with detail and accuracy and mindful of deadlines
- Rapid learning and ability to self-educate
- Adaptable to changing work assignments without disruption
- Resourceful; recognizes and asks for help when needed
- Propensity for continuous improvement and adopting new tools and methodologies
- Exceptional ability with MS Suite and ability to learn and use new technology