Project Controls Manager
Location: Port Elgin, Ontario
Salary: $140,00 - 160,000
Job Type: Full-time permanent
Note: Open to Contract as well if a permanent job or relocation is not an option
Start Date: ASAP
Your role with the Team:
- Overall responsibility for compliance of assigned projects with project controls standards - both from applicable contract documents and from Shoreline project controls policies/guidelines.
- Manage developing, establishing, and maintaining the company’s project cost /control systems.
- Manage efforts to ensure continuity between project estimates and project baseline.
- Oversee production of a detailed, resource-loaded schedule in P6.
- Oversee the project team in converting project bids to setting up the complete, accurate project baseline (budget, schedule), in the company’s Project Controls (PRISM) system.
- Assist in set up project accounting systems (cost codes, job cost processing procedures, project rules of credit).
- Review the project contract and ensure that all the contract conditions (invoicing, reporting, change management, etc.) are applied and fulfilled for project set-up, project tracking and reporting, and project closeout.
- Monitor the project performance and ensure that all the project control system is properly implemented.
- Generate all required project status reports for internal management and for the customer, including the overall project Dashboard, project performance report (Earned Value, SPI, CPI, etc.).
- Train the project team on how to implement the change management procedures.
- Responsible to establish a change management system in compliance with contract conditions and Shoreline’s procedures; monitor and enforce the change management system for assigned projects.
- Responsible to implement risk management system in compliance with contract conditions and Shoreline’s procedures; monitor and enforce the risk management system for assigned projects.
- Responsible to communicate, train and generally ensure full understanding by project staff of project controls processes and their applicable responsibilities.
- Oversee the review and analyze the project control reports (i.e., progress and productivity) with the project control leads and project team and suggest corrective actions to maintain reasonable (around 1-PF) performance/productivity.
- Oversee the review and analyze the project scheduling and cost reports and suggest corrective actions to maintain the project within anticipated cost and schedule.
- Prepare and update project cash flows.
- Lead the identification and explanation of variances between actual costs, plan, earned values and forecasts, and present any deviations to Project Director and JV Partners for the respective P&Ls (JV & each Partner’s view).
- Participate in customer and internal management project status reporting meetings.
- As required, produce custom reports per request of customer or internal management.
- Provide input on an ongoing basis for improvements/modifications to Shoreline’s project controls policy & guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervise Project Controls planning and scheduling staff.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work on various major projects for internal and external clients.
- An exciting environment where work-life balance is important.
- A wide array of learning and development opportunities.
- Competitive pay, flexible benefits, an employee share plan, and a defined contribution pension plan.
- A work environment focused on health and safety.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 10-15 years of related experience.
- College and/or University degree in related field, OR applicable work experience.
- Applied knowledge of the “Earned Value” principles.
- Applied knowledge of Project Management and Project Controls principles.
- Applied knowledge of cost engineering/cost control.
- Organizational skills to handle multiple tasks within a high-pressure work site environment.
- Experience with Oracle (Primavera P6) and EcoSys