Project Engineer - Mechanical Engineer
Duration: 1 Year
Location: on site at Bruce Power (Tiverton, Ontario)
- Prepare engineering designs from conceptual design, through tender to construction
- Work with team members in determining viable solutions for design issues.
- Work to and meet project schedules and budgets.
- Coordinate design work with other project team members and other disciplines.
- Prepare design calculations, technical specifications, and engineering drawings
- Support construction administration personnel including field reviews, walkdowns, and co-ordination, review of Vendors' change orders, clarifications and RFI responses on an occasional or as required basis.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Experience in reading & interpreting Mechanical General Arrangement drawings, structural detail drawings, etc.
- Experience with mechanical analysis software and design tools, computer knowledgeable.
- Hands on experience with stress analysis and preparation of design calculations.
- Familiarity with pressure vessel design, steam generator design, and knowledge of CANDU plant is considered an asset.
- Experience in design and preparing Engineering Changes is preferred.
- Detail oriented, can work independently or with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to prepare and deliver presentations.
- Knowledge of ASME III code for design and construction
- ECC process working knowledge
- Welding analysis working knowledge
- Previous nuclear experience considered an asset
- Must be registered or eligible to obtain Professional Engineer (P.Eng) within the province of Ontario
- Efficiently plan and coordinate on-site engineering and construction activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and provided funding by performing the tasks personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Completion of a 4-year University degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical/Mechatronics)
- Five (2) to Eight (8) years of Design Engineering experience
- Two (2) to Three (3) years in Nuclear is considered an asset
- Must be registered or eligible to obtain Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) within the Province of Ontario
- Bruce Power FTL and/or ADE Qualification is considered an asset