Project Manager - Pharmaceuticals
As Project Manager, the successful candidate will:
- Manage multi-discipline facility design and related projects to be executed primarily out of our Kanata office.
- Assist in business development activities including presentations to potential clients, preparation of proposals and estimating work (i.e. seller-doer)
- Be accountable for defined financial performance on projects under their responsibility. This will include but not be limited to establishment and achievement of target gross margin figures, management of primarily lump sum work, and delivery of profit targets as agreed.
- Become familiar and comply with project management systems, procedures and reporting protocols, and report regularly to senior management on project performance
- Monitor and manage scope, schedule, budget, deliverables and client expectations during pre-project and execution phases of projects
- Communicate and coordinate with all project stakeholders as required for successful project execution.
- Maintain and develop positive client relationships
- Travel will be required, both within Canada and to locations in domestic USA and possibly overseas. Forecast travel is likely less than 10% but will vary with project and business unit demands. A valid passport will need to be acquired if not already possessed.
As Technical Leader, The Successful Candidate Will
- Provide technical leadership on projects (preferably in Chemical or Mechanical disciplines)
- Work with Discipline Leaders and other senior technical staff to provide guidance on technical issues and assist in design efforts. Will also be responsible for discipline resource assignment and coordination with respective Discipline leaders to properly staff and execute the work.
- Work with other Program Manager and financial and technical staff to coordinate and execute work both within the business unit and support to other projects as required.
- Assist in monitoring and directing the day-to-day work of project technical staff and meet expectations for attendance and punctuality.
General Management Skills And Responsibilities May Include
- Flexibility and experience to receive and disposition a variety of technical and administrative inquiries and issues on a daily basis.
- High degree of professionalism, integrity, and business ethics required.
Required Experience And Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to manage multidiscipline engineer/ designer/technical projects.
- The successful candidate will utilize strong interpersonal skills to interface successfully with clients.
- Demonstrated experience in managing highly technical projects (high containment lab work, complex HVAC and controls and or clean rooms, etc. projects are preferred)
- Construction administration and design build experience also preferred.
- Must have a minimum of six (6) to eight (8) years' experience in a Technical Management capacity
- Must be a Canadian Citizen (or capability to obtain, within 6 months)
- Preferred: Candidate must hold their Professional Engineer (P.Eng) or OAA architect status in Ontario or equivalent. (Registration in Ontario is preferred).
- Bachelor of Sciences degree or equivalent, from accredited University or Higher Education Institution
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, scanners, and plotters.