PROJECT MANAGER - Canadian Retail Construction
Our client is looking for a construction (general contractor) project manager for a permanent position in Montreal.
- Review quotes and plans for completion date, budget, construction schedule, staffing and sub-contractors.
- Confirms that work plans, staff, and sub-contractors are all scheduled and informed of project's timeline and revise project's status, modify schedules or construction documents as required.
- Leads and communicates with the site supervisor to ensure that all construction activities are progressing according to specifications, budget and timelines.
- Responsible for communication with professionals and client on project's progress and any problems that may arise.
- Ensures strict management of all expenses, billings, extras, change orders and construction costs.
- Review construction documents /shop drawings for consistency and quality.
- Assists the estimator with the development of bid packages.
- Negotiate and assign contracts to sub-contractors and communication of project details and updates with sub-contractors.
- Directs, coordinates, and communicates changes of the project and equipment that are required due to cost, clarification, code requirements, and negotiates needed order changes.
- Updates and manages all of the processes (checklists, supply lists, delivery dates, etc.).
- Manages project turnover from the construction phase to the finished product Setup Team including orientation walk throughs of spaces and systems with all participants involved, Landlord and City approval coordination, etc.
- BILINGUAL French and English (written and spoken) A MUST
- Minimum 5 years experience in Canadian and/or Quebec construction.
- Experience with public projects relating to interior renovations and new constructions (example offices, retail, restaurants, condo building)
- Managed projects as General Contractor with a value range of $ 250,000 to a million
- Salary to be discussed, based on experience
- Flexible hours
- Cellphone package provided
- Health and dental insurance
- RRSP contribution program
- Incentivised training
- Wellness program
- Social activities throughout the year (golf, summer BBQs, Holiday parties)
If you are interested, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Kimberly Crompton - Regional Director of Quebec