Project Manager Infrastructure L1
- Location Vancouver
- Job type Contract
- Salary $50 - 54 per hour
- Discipline Power Generation and Distribution
- Reference JOB-25468
Infrastructure Project Manager -BC Hydro
Location: Vancouver (Lower Mainland-Hybrid)
Estimated Work Start Date: 13-Feb-2023
Estimated Work End Date: 13-Feb-2024 (High chance for extension for the right candidate)
The Project Manager - Infrastructure Level 1 is responsible for the successful completion of low to medium risk infrastructure or other construction projects by leading cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams through project activities so that projects are successfully completed safely, with quality, within budget, and on time.
Experience and Role Accountabilities:
- A minimum five (5) years of project management experience or equivalent.
- Plan, direct, and report on infrastructure and other construction project activities by consistently monitoring project benefits, resources and status and creating documents such as project plans, action logs, communication plans, status reports and post implementation reviews so that the project is implemented as planned.
- Develop project plans and risk management plans for low to medium risk infrastructure or other construction projects with a capital cost that is generally up to $20 million for effective management throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage multiple activities effectively such as quality assurance, engineering, First Nations and stakeholder engagement, communication, regulatory approvals, procurement, planning and controls, construction management, pre-commissioning, employee relations, and safety by using project management principles in monitoring progress and establishing standards for implementation to keep the project within allotted time and budget.
- Complete project management activities including scoping, planning, managing, monitoring, and reporting on project tasks by using intermediate skills in Microsoft Office as well as project management programs to fulfill BC Hydro’s business needs.
- Maintain meaningful relationships with stakeholders including customers, engineers and field crews through regular communication using excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills enabling timely progression of projects.
Education and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Economics or related discipline
- Bachelor’s degree Engineering, an asset
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) designation, preferred
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project)
- Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken
A minimum five (5) years of project management experience or equivalent.
Must have advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project)
Must have advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken
Nice to have:
Experience in a utility setting.
Project Management Professional (PMP®) designation, preferred