Contract Duration: 12 months
Work Location: Edmons, BC and working remotely
Rate: Up to $92/
* The resource will typically manage 2-5 projects concurrently in the range of $10-$30MM..
Experience and Role Accountabilities
* A minimum nine (9) years of project management experience or equivalent.
* Plan, direct, and report on infrastructure and other construction project activities by consistently monitoring project benefits, resources and status and creating documents such as project plans, action logs, communication plans, status reports and post implementation reviews so that the project is implemented as planned.
* Develop project plans and risk management plans for medium to high risk and highly complex infrastructure or other construction projects with a capital cost that is generally up to $50 million for effective management throughout the project lifecycle.
* Manage multiple activities effectively such as quality assurance, engineering, First Nations and stakeholder engagement, communication, regulatory approvals, procurement, planning and controls, construction management, pre-commissioning, employee relations, and safety by using project management principles in monitoring progress and establishing standards for implementation to keep the project within allotted time and budget.
* Complete project management activities including scoping, planning, managing, monitoring, and reporting on project tasks by using advanced skills in Microsoft Office as well as project management programs to fulfill BC Hydro's business needs.
* Maintain meaningful relationships with stakeholders including customers, engineers and field crews through regular communication using excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills enabling timely progression of projects.
* Establish standards for implementation and monitoring using excellent analytical skills and a comprehensive knowledge of project management practices and procedures to optimize project resources. Education and Skills * Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Economics or related discipline
* Bachelor's degree Engineering, an asset
* Project Management Professional (PMP®) designation, preferred
* Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project)
* Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken
The project portfolio is telecom centric but also covers electrical, structural, civil and mechanical disciplines.
The position requires project management experience in all three phases of a project life-cycle: Identification, Definition, and Implementation. This includes:
- Identifying and evaluating alternatives;
- Develop a Business case for the project;
- Prepare a Project Plan (including a risk management plan, sourcing strategy, schedule, quality plan and schedule);
- Develop a Stakeholder management plan;
- Manage the design process.
Role profile (education and skills):
* Bachelor degree in Engineering, Business, Economics or related discipline, is required. However, candidates who do not meet this requirement and have additional project management experience in a Utility, or similar, environment will be considered.
* Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification with PMI is required.
* Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project) is required.
* Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) at all levels of the organization is required.