Intermediate Electrical Engineer
Location: Bruce Power
Duration: 1 Year
* Manages projects for safety, quality, productivity, asset reliability, process improvement, cost reduction and other business objective improvement.
* Projects from initial concept and scope development through design, procurement, construction/installation and start-up.
* Provides instruction in operation, set-up, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and ensure work quality and adherence to established policies and procedures.
* Utilize your background in Electrical Hardware, Automation Systems, and Process Control Systems.
* Support the planning, prioritizing, and reviewing the technical plans for engineering/maintenance of the production and facility equipment including the preparation of project plans, schedules, budgets and proposals.
* Establish schedules and methods for providing services; identifying resource needs; reviewing needs, allocating resources accordingly, and effectively communicating action plans/repairs.
* Participate in the development of control policies and procedures and making recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards and procedures.
* Analyze and interpret all project related documents (electrical, mechanical, architectural, etc.) to accurately quantify all controls and instrumentation scope items provided in bid package.
* Produce accurate control system and control panel design submittals and schedules.
* Accurately quantify all material and labor requirements associated with the project.
* Evaluate and review of all estimates with the Senior Engineering Manager for accuracy, value analysis and appropriate profit margin.
* Manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize projects in accordance with deadline requirements.
* Work in conjunction with Customer, Senior Engineer, Consulting Engineers, Pre-Construction and Contract Managers to prepare an accurate design proposal or schedule.
* Strong understanding or codes and standards
* Experience with Engineering and Project Change Control Systems
* Strong communication skills
* Requires knowledge of physics, chemistry, metallurgy, mathematics, electricity, engineering and economics to technically understand the operation of the facility.
* Requires strong technical writing skills for preparing specifications, work instructions, asset management documents, and planning documents.
* Must have a demonstrated ability to prepare clear and concise reports. * Must be able to propose recommendations and resolution to technical issues both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to interface effectively with Plant Operations, Plant Engineering, Maintenance, other technical staff, Regulators and other stakeholders.
* Ability to interact positively with others by developing trust, mutual respect and cooperative working relationships.
* Requires experience to solve problems, to provide advice and guidance, to initiate developmental studies and to make recommendations during the design, commissioning and operation of a nuclear facility; to evaluate components or materials, and to perform economic studies and evaluations associated with the design, commissioning and operation of a nuclear facility and at all times to work safely.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
* Completion of a 4-year University degree in Engineering (Electrical)
* Two (2) to Eight (8) years of Engineering experience
* Two (2) to Three (3) years in Nuclear is considered an asset
* Must be registered or eligible to obtain Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) within the Province of Ontario
* Must have protective relay experience