Duration: 4 - 6 Months
Start Date: October
Location: OPG Site's
The Quality Inspector is responsible for the performance of all quality functions and duties as related to the RFR construction activities performed under the Aecon Quality Program. The position reports to the Quality Control Supervisor.
- Participate in the execution of required inspections as outlined in the Construction and Inspection and Test Plans.
- Perform quality inspection in accordance with the related codes and customer specifications. Such inspections shall include but not be limited to dimension and visual weld inspections
- Review of History Documents including Certified Material Test Reports when required
- Perform weld monitoring as required.
- Complete all associated records for individual inspections.
- Support the Series Quality Control Lead on the assigned RFR Series fielding questions related to quality and execution of quality inspection activities;
- Obtain required training to be competent and proficient in the execution of inspections and recording of results.
- Support quality control activities and processes performed under the Quality Program, including work performed by any sub-contractor performing work under the umbrella of the assigned RFR Series. QC activities will be based on approved documented processes and in accordance with the contract, technical specifications, applicable codes and standards
- Support site QC activities associated with the Project requirements for the assigned RFR series.
- Review and validation of associated Quality Records at the earliest opportunity following completion of the field activity
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Sound knowledge of the Safety and Quality Program principles with regards to work in the Nuclear industry
- Demonstrated people skills and the ability to contribute to a positive and healthy Safety and Quality Culture throughout the quality team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adequate computer skills to the level required to permit performance of all assigned functions and tasks
- Computer literate in MS Office
- Preferred graduate in welding technology, QA/QC or a related discipline at the University or College level.
- Preferred W178 Level 2 Visual Weld inspection, level 1 at a minimum.
- Time management awareness
- Able to effectively interact with people at all levels of the organization with view to implementing quality requirements and objectives
- Pays attention to detail and able to focus on the end result
- Demonstrates a level of Individual Human Performance awareness
- Demonstrated awareness and knowledge of applicable ISO, CSA, ASME and other Technical Standards and Codes associated with the Project