Back to jobs
Role: Risk Manager
Duration: 12 months
Work Location: Mostly work from home - some travel to Tiverton, ON is required
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday 40 hours per week
- Supervise and administer a section of professional risk management support staff
- Plan, organize. schedule, coordinate and allocate assignments, assigning work directly.
- Provide guidance and direct technical assistance as required and maintain a check on progress and accuracy.
- Implement and recommend standards, methods and procedures for carrying out the work, and be responsible for production and quality.
- Monitor the overall progress and quality of work relative to risks identified.
- Provide regular feedback on risk mitigation achievement and performance.
- Provide and promote a safe and healthy work environment.
- Completing risk assessment and risk measurement methodologies and risk register establishment expertise by risk assessment sessions and training personnel.
- Conduct major risk assessments and develop and implement industry best practice methodologies where differing points of view and diverse opinions of stakeholders requires a high degree of tact and diplomacy to resolve.
- Provide organization, coordination, and control services for multi-discipline functional work teams and contractors.
- Plan and deliver, with support from others, the risk and operating experience (OPEX) management program for Nuclear Refurbishment. Recommend appropriate improvement initiatives and effectively document the results in reports.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with management, stakeholders, and external service providers that results in a high level of satisfaction relative to delivered services.
- Liaise with external organizations on project management and planning standards & methods which involves influencing them to adopt a course of action suitable to the objectives of the Program.
- Ensure compliance to risk management standards and techniques, safety, environment, labour relations and performance requirements.
- Participate in preparation of the monthly and other Refurbishment reporting on risk to senior management.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Requires a knowledge of business-related disciplines such as economics, science/engineering, business administration, information technology or finance and organizational behaviour, including the ability to use available tools, processes and methodologies to meet business needs.
- Requires excellent communication, listening, and influencing skills, oral and written, to provide independent, objective opinions and practical, effective recommendations.
- This knowledge is normally acquired either through the successful completion of a four year University education in an appropriate field or by having the equivalent level of education.
- Requires demonstrated experience of risk management principles, project management, consulting (or a similar field), in providing consultative services, and technical expertise and instruction to personnel.
- Requires experience to be familiar with practical applications of advanced mathematical and quantitative concepts, in order to develop risk valuations and to perform complex analysis.
- Requires experience of performing analytical assignments and conducting ongoing assessments of potential risks at every level and aggregating the results to senior management in order to facilitate priority-selling and improved decision-making.
- Requires experience of working with a variety of Business Units and support functions.
- Sound judgment, augmented by background skills and expertise is required in conducting in-depth investigations and risk management studies to identify loss-exposures, estimate future loss frequency and severity, and to evaluate alternate schemes and arrive at logical answers for eliminating, controlling and financing risks.
- Requires supervisory experience sufficient to fulfill effective managerial responsibilities.
- A period of over 8 years and up to and including 10 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.