Position: Scheduler - Part Time
Location: Port Hope, ON. Working remote with once visit/week to site.
Note: This position is Part Time with 15-20 hours per week and will/may become full time once more projects come on line.
Duration: 3 - 6 months
Pay Rate: $55 - 65.00/HR Inc'd , ($45 - 55.00/HR T4)
Security Clearance: CSIS Reliability Security Clearance
Schedulers do not do design work, but instead represent ECC, assisting with clarification and interpretation of the project's design and scope of work in addition to assisting with communication to ensure the project is constructed according to the project plans, budget and schedule.
- Actively demonstrate engagement and assume responsibility for exemplifying ECC's vision and core values
- Ensure that efforts promote client and stakeholder success, considering both short and long term needs
- Maintain trust and credibility with staff
- Work to promote and build a shared vision among staff, clients, and stakeholders
- Strive to be entrepreneurial in approaching and achieving work and encourage this behavior among staff and teams
- Continually develop personal effectiveness with consideration for communication, self-awareness, and building trust
- Work to resolve conflicts and interpersonal issues that allow involved parties to move forward
- Embrace and give positive and constructive feedback as a tool for learning and professional development
- Create, maintain and support a loyal team that seeks to engage in learning, development, and relationship building
- Develop and Maintain Baseline Schedule per manager and client acceptance
- Perform risk analysis on schedule POP
- Assist with performing TIA and corrective action analysis
- Perform weekly and monthly schedule updates and develop as-built schedule
- Coordinate and prepare 3-week look-ahead schedules with Project Manager and Field Supervisor
- Coordinate with Project Management to document physical percent complete
- Coordinate, develop and update Long Lead Materials Tracking
- Preparation of required reports for Client invoices, as needed.
- Assist with preparation of Schedule Projection (What-if) and Time Impact Analysis per Scheduling Manager acceptance
- Preparation of Critical Path and Variance analysis reports for review with Scheduling manager
- Coordinate and develop WBS dictionary with Scheduling and Accounting Manager.
- Coordinate with Project Manager to document revenue forecasts to Project Accountant.
- Coordinate and develop format with Cost Analyst for information transfer on labor, equipment, materials, subcontracts, and other direct costs for Estimate to Complete (ETC) projections
- Coordinate and update with Cost Analyst on Monthly PSRs preparation
- Review of subcontractor invoices prior to PM approval and submit to Cost Analyst for payment processing.
- Assist in REA fragnet and narrative development as needed
- Strong business acumen, high energy and self-motivated
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated planning and project management skills
- Strong presentation, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Strong initiative to solve problems
This position requires the following:
- Excellent understanding of cost engineering principles to include: estimating, planning and scheduling, Earned Value Management required.
- Hands-on experience with resource loading and earned value functions of Primavera P6 Professional required.
- Experience with CPM scheduling required.
- Ability to read/comprehend design drawings
- Prefer 0 to 3 years work experience in related field with a bachelor's degree
- Hands-On Experience with Oracle Primavera P6.
A BS / BA in Construction Management, Project Management, or Engineering is desired, advanced degree a plus. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for this requirement.
Preferred Proficiency Requirements
- Primavera P6/EPPM
- Microsoft Project (MSP)
- Microsoft Excel