Back to jobs
Location: Port Elgin
Location: Port Elgin
Duration: 2 Year Term, plan to turn into full-time permanent.
The primary work scope include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Provide engineering design and modifications for safety and non-safety related mechanical systems for both Bruce A and Bruce B stations following BP procedures (e.g., BP-PRO-00539, etc.);
- Support BP life extension program;
- Support BP routine operation/maintenance services based on the request;
- Support BP planned or unplanned outages; and
- Provide necessary engineering field services and supports during construction and installation, procurement, commissioning, AFS, closeout, etc.
- Develop, plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate engineering work;
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to engineers at lower grade levels and/or other technical employees;
- Supervise, coordinate and review the work of engineers and support employees;
- Provide design solutions and assessments for new, updated and modified process systems, structures and components;
- Prepare and /or review design documents for Nuclear Power Plants; e.g., Design Calculation, Assessments, Technical Specifications, Drawings, BOMs and System Code Classification;
- Prepare and/or review Engineering Quotation Request and Tender Technical Evaluations;
- Prepare and/or review Engineering Change packages;
- Perform walkdowns, attend site visits and meetings as required;
- Ensure applicable code, standards and regulatory requirements are met;
- Provide support for the preparation of Engineering proposals;
- Ensure adherence to company quality program;
- Ensure adherence to project delivery requirements and schedule;
- Support Engineering Management with timely updates on engineering progress;
- Interface with internal and external stake holders as required.
- Preferably a Registered Professional Engineer in a Province of Canada, qualified to seal mechanical and chemical engineering documents.
- Preferably 10 plus years' experience in process-system design/analysis, preferably providing design solutions preferably for CANDU nuclear power plants or similar experience in Nuclear industry
- Working knowledge of CSA N285.0 and CSA B51 standards and ASME Section III and ANSI B31.1 codes and any other applicable standards or regulatory guides related to permanent plant components, pressure boundary equipment, and/or reactor systems preferred
- Experience working in a nuclear facility licensed in Canada.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Nice to have:
- Qualification as a Specialized Professional Engineer to ASME III, Div.1, and Appendix XXIII is an asset;
- Experience performing work to Bruce Power procedures and practices following risk based Engineering Change Control (ECC) process;
- Full qualification as a BP Assigned Designer (ADE) or Owner's Engineering Lead (OE) is an asset;
- Recent qualification for Bruce Power engineering activities, including security clearance, Orange Badge, etc.
- Knowledge of analytical tools used for mechanical and process design; e.g., ANSYS, Mathcad, Flowmaster, NUCIRC, CATHENA or similar is an asset.