7 Month Contract
Located at Napanee Generating Station (NGS)
Monday to Fridays, and a 10-hour workday commitment
Support Napanee Generating Station's Plume Project Management Teams efforts in delivering a safe and functioning Cooling Tower's Retrofit that meets critical project KPI's.
- Assisting the Project Manager in all project management areas associated with the planning, auditing, engineering, procurement, coordination, stakeholder reporting, onsite integration, construction and completions efforts relating to the project's and numerous contractual scope, cost, schedule and quality deliverables.
- Provide Civil, Structural, and Architectural engineering support for drawing reviews, site execution coordination, scheduling or planning efforts.
- Provide construction coordination support for all 2021 site execution
On-site Construction Coordinator for all planned site executions in 2021 (additional targeted resources will be added for all 2022 site work), the Construction Coordinator activities are outlined, but not limited to, the below:
- Ensure a continuous PMT site presence is maintained on the construction jobsite.
- Representing the OWNER and PMT's interest for all construction related activities
- Assisting various Construction Contractors in the management and upkeep of the master set of redlined construction "As-Built" drawings.
- Promote and enforce all HSE regulatory, corporate, plant and project policies, standards, initiatives, and/or best practices.
- Work with the Project Management Team to drive on-site construction-related activities to completions, as directed by the Project Manager.
- Attending all on-site Contractor-Team led JHA's, tailboards, weekly reporting and planning meetings.
- Attending all project and plant coordination meeting
- Preform regular worksite audits for worksite housekeeping, HESQ adherence and proper work execution is progressing, as outlined, and required.
- Audit all Contractor performance against Site/Project Specific Health, Safety and Environmental and Quality related activities in adherence of the site EPC/PC Construction Team's prepared and accepted Plans.
- Review all project Technical Specification, scope of work definitions and contract documents for reference/familiarity to assist in their overall management.
- Verify all hot work, working at heights, excavation, lifting/rigging and concrete related activities are completed as per requirements.
- Verify all LOTO request packages are completed to provide clear isolation request and accompanied with the most up to date IFC or As-built drawings the reflect the current site configurations.
- Assist in the preparing and coordinating regulatory permit applications.
- Assist in the planning, coordinating and execution of project turnover, completions, commissioning, and start-up related activities.
- Assist in the Coordination and Auditing of EPC/PC on-site Contractors against Contractual Coordinate with Plant Resources for work permit and Lock-out/Tag-out activities
- Aid in the documentation management to ensure all stakeholders are supplied with all current drawings, engineering specifications, layouts and schedules required to maintain all current schedules.
- Provide the appropriate information to ensure the accuracy of all RFI/NCR/Punch Items logs and registers.
- Report any observed problems, including contract interpretation disputes, together with proposed solutions, to the Project Manager.
- Additional duties, as assigned, by the Project Manager.
Qualifications & Education
- A College or technical diploma or University degree in a related engineering or technical field (Civil Eng/Tech preferred)
- Experience in construction planning, coordination, and management in industrial environments, around energized and/or operating equipment (power plant experience preferred)
- Experience in documented project documentation, change and interface management system
- Strong organizational, scheduling and communications skills
- Strong focus on work planning and execution with safety and quality concerns integrated in every step
- Familiarity with the administration or coordination of a variety of Construction-Related Contracting models (EPC, Design and Supply, Procure and Construct … etc.)
- Ability to accept a wide range of work assignments within a project team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment, without getting flustered.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong MS Office skills
- People person, team player, ready to participate.