Position: SYSTEM WINDOW COORDINATOR (SWC)
Location: Bruce Power/Kincardine
Duration: 12 months
SUMMARY: Accountable for the development of work scope, (operating, outage and project) coordinating/obtaining necessary approvals and monitoring subsequent change control. Ensure logic, schedules and system windows are established in support of the defined scope of work. Accountable for monitoring the execution of work being performed to completion, as scheduled. Anticipate, direct and make decisions on all work associated with the planning and scheduling process, changing priorities, communicating to work groups and exercising sound judgment to effectively facilitate the safe and productive completion of system windows. Clarify work boundaries to ensure that responsibilities are clearly defined for tasks and the work boundaries are well managed. Analyze performance to identify lessons learned and incorporate into future work. Provide team leadership to a complement of staff assisting with MCR integrated schedule preparation and resource estimates for all associated work programs.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and maintain status on all preparatory and ongoing requirements of the MCR integrated schedule. Ensure all work groups involved are committed to the completion of MCR integrated schedule work as practice
- Be accountable for ensuring preparation and execution activities are performed with attention to public and worker safety requirements. Keep abreast of current changes in operating requirements and determine relevant impacts on execution. Anticipate emerging issues, and initiate and /or accommodate projects, mandatory discovery work, and emergent work into the schedule using the scope control process.
- As the designated point of contact, be fully accountable for the effective and efficient management for all scheduled activities including coordinating maintenance and operations staff by using outage management process for MCR and the integrated MCR schedule.
- Direct the development and implementation of scheduled work, including resolving schedule conflicts. As the owner of the system window, be responsible for controlling work scope, organizing, executing, reviewing and deciding upon all planned activities and resource requirements for the assigned work. Be accountable for short and long term impact of work (performance on the station as it pertains to your assign work).
- Manage, direct and communicate the resolution of various coordination issues to all inter-group or inter-department groups including inage/outage equipment and resource conflicts ensure corrective action plans are established. Be accountable for identifying necessary resources to ensure work is accomplished in accordance with the schedule.
- Provide effective leadership at daily status meetings, task analysis meetings etc, in order to prepare, control, maintain and update the MCR integrated schedule. Ensure all permits preparation, contingency plans, risk assessments, final approvals and other requirements are complete and situations have not changed prior to work execution
- Be accountable for monitoring the work being performed to completion, as scheduled. Perform/attend readiness review sessions, vertical slice reviews to obtain an awareness of the status of all jobs on the plan. Provide predictive reporting, statistical reports, and other cost scheduling progress and performance reports. Analyze data and submit recommendations to Managers for use by senior managemen Attend carry-over meetings, post outage / project meetings directly after execution. Identify significant events, lessons learned, analysis accomplishments and failures, problems and corrective actions.
- Review and analyze planning and reporting techniques and cost and scheduling methods in use, outage and project processes internally and externally, for adoption by the station.
- Provide leadership, and create and maintain a work environment that motivates, supports and encourages staff to perform the assigned tasks in a professional, effective and efficient manner, consistent with the philosophy and goals of the business. Act as a coach and facilitator to create and sustain a non-threatening, supportive team environment, actively working with the staff to empower them to attain optimal work performance with a high level of personal responsibility and self-managemen Demonstrate openness and trust through the sharing of information, and by being visible and accessible to employees, to enhance and develop their skills and prepare them for future roles. Provide clear expectations and meaningful feedback, and recognize and reward achievements. Provide guidance, assistance and support to staff and establish and maintain a healthy and safe work environment that improves and enhances the quality of working life.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Science).
- 3-5 years of experience in Nuclear Industr
- Outage experience a must
- Experienced in the Microsoft Suite of Applications.
- Nuclear Systems knowledge or diploma in Power Engineering considered an asse
- Familiarity implementing major construction projects is considered an asset.
- Experience in Primavera P6 is considered an asset.
- Certification by the Project Management Institute (PMI) as a Project or Program Management Professional (PMP, PgMP) and/or demonstrated familiarity with the PMI Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) is considered an asset