Location: Ottawa, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time/Permanent
Job Title: Vice President - Human Resources & Corporate Services
The Vice President, Human Resources & Corporate Services reports to and supports the President in ensuring the delivery of efficient, people-centered, customer focused, corporate services to ensure the effectiveness of the organization in all its operations. There is also a functional reporting line to the Group Director of Organizational Development who is based in the UK.
As a member of the Canadian Executive Committee, the Vice President of Human Resources & Corporate Services directs and oversees the operation of Human Resources, Health Safety & Environment, Corporate Quality, Facilities, Security, Internal Communications and Business Solutions (IT / IS).
· To provide HR leadership in the development of the HR People Plan, deployment of the People Strategy and management of delivery of HR Services to meet the strategic requirements and objectives of the business.
· To provide strategic advice and guidance on all Corporate Quality related matters to the senior leadership team ensuring the quality organization is established and effectively resourced to meet the needs of the business.
· To provide an efficient and effective health, safety and environmental service to the business such that business targets and objectives are achieved, and all statutory & legal obligations met.
· To provide leadership, management, oversight of the security function and security compliance for all Canadian sites.
· To participate and contribute to the determination of strategies and the strategic direction of Business Solutions in line with business needs and ensure alignment of Business Solutions portfolio of projects and programs
· To provide leadership, management, oversight of the facilities function for all Canadian sites including new sites as part of the business development process.
- Developing, implementing, and embedding the strategic Corporate Services agenda for the business, aligning to the overall HR, HSE, Quality, Business Solutions and Security Marine Strategies where appropriate.
- Championing the communication of the Corporate Services strategy, initiatives, policies and procedures across the business.
- Ensuring the leadership of the Corporate Services functions through the measurement of Key Performance Indicators, the delivery of business performance and fostering employee engagement.
- Developing strong and influential relationships at all levels with strong stakeholder engagement (locally and internationally) to ensure the delivery of strategy.
- Driving continual improvement with forward thinking Corporate Services practices and initiatives.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Human Resources Management or related discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years relevant experience in Corporate Services and / or Human Resources of which five (5) years has been in a leadership capacity.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix management environment where the needs of the functional stakeholders are equally as important as those for whom the service is being provided.
- Ability to manage a broad mandate while developing a work environment that fosters team-work and collaboration.
- Ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders across the organisation.
- Ability to work across a multi-cultural environment.
- An established reputation of successfully delivering change management initiatives within a large organization.
- Ability to identify issues faced and to find pragmatic solutions to those issues pro-actively.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Team player with an ability to help motivate those working with them.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
The following would be considered an asset:
- CHRP Designation
- Ability to communication effectively (written and oral) in both official languages (English / French)
- Integration experience through mergers and acquisitions