Role: Waste Management Section Head
Location: Pinawa, Manitoba - on site
Duration: 16 months
• Demonstrated leadership experience in technical planning and field services, preferably in waste characterization services, with at least ten (10) years' of relevant experience.
• Strong technical background in waste characterization planning and instrumentation;
• Experience in nuclear waste management is desirable
Abilities and Skills:
• Demonstrated ability to lead and supervise technical and contract personnel and provide contract execution/management for large, complex contracts.
• Strong verbal communication and technical writing and review skills;
• Demonstrated ability to meet project deadlines, with an ability to manage and prioritize a workload that involves several different projects and several project teams.
• Ability to work effectively with personnel of varying disciplines;
• Excellent computer literacy including the use of spreadsheets, databases and word processing software.
• Must possess a high level of motivation with a demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Job/Industry Specific Knowledge:
• Knowledge of industrial operations, safety codes and best practices;
• Knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements and document including waste acceptance criteria;
• Knowledge of international codes and practices applicable to radioactive waste management is desirable;
• Knowledge of Radiation Protection requirements and practices (CNL and/or other;)
• Knowledge of Emergency Preparedness programs and Emergency response procedures
• Knowledge of Nuclear Criticality safety requirements and practices;
• Knowledge of nuclear materials control;
• Knowledge of Operational Quality Assurance.
• Successful completion of the Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard (HAZWOPER) training course is a strong asset